I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, May 19, 2017

It's pretty around here

I’m here. It’s been a busy week getting Mollie moved and somewhat settled. Nick has done the most, putting up shelves, putting in a waterline to the frig, adding a little foam insulation here and there. I spent yesterday folding and hanging up clothes – heck, I rarely do that at my house. But you know we’ll do things for our kids we won’t do for ourselves.

I am doing one thing for myself, thought I can’t say I’m loving it yet. Last week the weather was so perfect, mid-70’s with extremely low humidity, that even I craved being outside. I’m usually more of a stay inside and look through the window kinda girl. I decided to do some walking. We have some great places to walk in our town and I do a lot of writing when I walk so I really enjoyed those beautiful afternoons.

I live in the south so low humidity is nearly as rare as snow and it didn’t last. It’s hot and becoming more humid now and would you believe I’ve been getting up and walking in the early morning? Me! I don’t know if you’re stunned, but I am. I walked 3.03 miles yesterday morning – my usual idea of a walk is from my car to the door. I don’t know if I’ll keep it up. I’m not good at that kind of commitment, but I’m enjoying it for the moment.

Here are a few pictures I’ve taken on my strolls - as you look at these imagine the sweet scent of honeysuckle all around you. I think it's this lovely scent that is what is really drawing me to get out and walk. 










And then I come home to the flowers the boys sent me for Mother's Day!


14 comments:

  1. Hi PK, glad Mollie is settled into her new home. Good on you doing the early morning walks! The pics are beautiful, wow, hopefully scenery like that will keep you motivated to keep it up :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's getting settled. I'm liking the walks, but I wish it was cooler later in the morning.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, PK! Happy you've got your Mollie settled in. Keep up the walking, from the looks of it, you have some great trails to travel.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding more and more areas to walk, it's been fun.

      Delete
  3. Lovely - beautiful pictures. I'm impressed 3.3 miles, it's getting you ready for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed myself! I usually write when I walk, but I met up with another retired teacher and we talked as we walked.

      Delete
  4. Good on you, PK! That will be a goal for me as well. Retirement is on my horizon, my friend.

    Smiles and Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love it half as much as I do, you will be one happy woman.

      Delete
  5. Lovely scenery, good on you for making the best of it. Hope you are able to keep it up, walking is such good exercise and it's free!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about it - the free part.

      Delete
  6. What beautiful scenery to walk through, lovely pictures. Walking is really good for you so I hope you keep it up.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. Wish we lived closer and we could walk together. :-) Glad Molly is all settled. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done PK. No wonder you want to walk in that beautiful area. Lovely photos and the flowers from your boys are gorgeous.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete