I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How times have changed

When I began this blog ten years ago I was terrified that someone in my real life would find out about it. I think anyone who has a spanking blog certainly began with the same feeling. I was worried that my family would find out – that Nick’s family would find out. But mostly I was worried that someone at school would find out. I felt that there was a real chance that I could lose my job. So though I love blogging and writing I kept it totally secret in my real life.

Little by little, I’ve relaxed. I realized that no one is looking for spanking blogs except for spankos. And I know that the real life friends and family I’ve told are slightly amused, but basically could care less.

I no longer worry about losing my job, obviously because I’m about ready to give it up voluntarily. But I think that point really hit home when, at a concert last night, I gave one of my cards with all the Cassie books on it to an old friend – someone I used to teach with… someone who’s grandson is in my room this year… some one who is now on the school board. Yep, times have changed.


I’ve loved letting go of the fear and simply being proud of my Cassie books. It’s a combination of aging, having friends with the same interest, the realization that there is nothing wrong with adult consensual spanking and the fact that no one else cares! Maybe it’s like my dad used to say, you wouldn’t worry about what people thought of you if you realized how seldom they do.

12 comments:

  1. Hi PK, good for you! How awesome that you are able to let go of the fear and also liberating. Good on you for giving your card, you should be proud of your books.

    I wish I could share more, but not at this point in time.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel liberating. But it was in my own time - no one should say a word until they feel it's right for them.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:06 AM

    PK,
    And very proud you should be!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mere said, you should be proud. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure never saw myself as a writer growing up. But it's fun.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Mere and Sunny...you should be very proud...you are a very talented author! So happy for you!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat - it feels strange, but good.

      Delete
  5. Agree with all above you should be proud of everything you have achieved PK. Your books are wonderful and nothing to hide.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree we shouldn't have to hide, but it's still not always comfortable talking about spanking to non-spankos.

      Delete
  6. Yes I agree with all the others, you are one talented lady and should be proud of yourself. We all love Cassie.

    Think your card is really pretty.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. If you want some to spread some all over England I'll be happy to send you some.

      Delete