I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Answering Ella Winter Meme

Please look at the post I put up last night if you haven't see it. I big thanks to all!

Ella was kind and wise enough to write this meme and I have really enjoyed all the answers I’ve seen around blogland. Time to try it myself.

1.  You have to leave your house because of a disaster.  All the people and pets you love are safe.  If you could choose just one item to carry out, what would it be?

Has to be two for me – I have a portrait of each of my children. It’s when they were each about seventeen and they are done in very casual setting. I love them both and since they are hanging side by side, I’m grabbing them both.
 
2.  Tell us about a book or series of books you loved as a child.  

My favorite series was Trixie Beldon – I loved them. There were fifteen in the series, more came later but these were mine. My sister tried to interest me in Nancy Drew, but she wore dresses – the seemed ridiculous to me. Trixie wore jeans, had a big dog and wrote horses as she solved mysteries with her friends. At that time that encompassed nearly all my dreams!



3.  Name one item of clothing that you love for your spouse to wear. 

He has a black sweater that makes him look really hot!

4.  Is there a lullaby your mom or dad sang to you that you also sang to your child?

Mom would sing ‘You are my sunshine’. I remember it especially when I was sick and she would lay in the bed with me. It was heaven.
  
5.  Tell about the fanciest restaurant at which you have ever dined.

I’m not a fancy restaurant person – I’m not a fancy anything person – but I did eat at a lovely restaurant at the Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta once. Very nice.


  
6.  Tell us about any phobias you have. What else are you scared of?

I would have said nothing twenty years ago, but while playing in one of those big play areas for kids with the tunnels and slides when Mollie was little I experienced claustrophobia for the first time. It was terrifying. Thankfully I was close to an exit and got out quickly. I can do close areas if I have to – like for medical procedures, but I need a blindfold. I can be anywhere then, but if I see I’m enclosed, I panic.

Other – I don’t like spiders and while I’m not afraid to fly I am afraid of getting to the airport on time, parking, getting the boarding pass, checking my bags and getting to the gate on time. Once there I’m fine.


7.  Is there something old from a family member that you treasure?

My dad was ‘collector’ most would say of junk, but he also had some beautiful pieces. Once he brought home this hand carved treasure from a trip to Hong Kong. I’ve always loved it and it’s on my mantle now.



8.  If there is reading material in your bathroom, what magazines or books could be found?

Nothing – If I feel I’m going to linger, I grab my kindle or phone.

9.  Tell us about your dearest childhood friend.

Cathy was a dear friend. From fourth grade on we seemed to always be together. We even went on each other’s family vacations – once to Hawaii. We were in each other wedding and then gradually drifted apart although we now live in the same town. I’m happy to have a new friend with the same name, almost.

10.  Is there a household task that belongs to your husband?

Is there one that isn’t his? (she asked, hanging her head in shame) I clean out the litter box, he pretty much does the rest.

11.  Have you ever smoked pot?  How old were you the first time?  Do you still enjoy?

I smoked it the first time the night before New Year’s Eve when I was eighteen. I didn’t get much from it, but I did have to look after two friends and that wasn’t much fun. I smoked again with a friend a few years later who eventually became my SIL. She is now the most rigid, anti-drinking, anti-smoking, anti-gay straight-laced person I know (despite the fact he son is gay). I haven’t smoked pot since then, but I wish she would – she could use some loosening up.

12.  If it is cold, what do you wear to bed?

When I first told Nick about my desire to begin TTWD I needed something tangible to mark the occasion. I began sleeping nude that night and I still do! No matter how cold it is all I wear to bed is a big smile.



13.  How old were you when you lost your virginity?  Share any story with which you are comfortable.

Please, I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s – the pill was developed to prevent unwanted pregnancy and penicillin cured all STD around then. Everyone slept with everyone else, or so it seemed. Not me, I was the good girl looking for true love. I didn’t find that love until I met Nick when I was twenty-four. It felt odd being a twenty-four-year-old virgin, but I’ve never regretted that I waited for him.

14.  Think of something you did as a kid about which you were glad your parents never found out.  If you were a perfect child, you may just respond with "Perfect", but the rest of us will hate you for it.

I nearly was that sickening child – I was pretty much a goodie-good. But as a sixteen-year-old I would occasionally tell mom that my friends and I were going to the mall and then someplace else to eat. Was it my fault mom didn't know the name of a bar in the next town was ‘Someplace Else’? It wasn’t like I lie or anything – I told her exactly where we were going. (I think my early Cassie was showing). We slipped into that bar by climbing over the courtyard wall until we turned eighteen and could go legally, who cared after that?

15.  Boob Question - 
Think Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.  
Do you think your boobs are: 
a.)  Too big
b.)  Too small
c.)  Just right
d.)  "All of the above" is not a valid answer.

Until I had my kids I would have said too small, then during pregnancy they were fantastic. Since then… well, once when Mollie saw me topless she wanted to know, “Mommy, are those your boobs?” I told her yes. Her next question, “Aren’t they a little long?” Sigh… does that answer the question?

This was fun - I hope everyone else is planning to answer.


          



15 comments:

  1. So fun to hear someone else's answers to my meme. You did a super job of it, too. I think I read some Trixie Belden also. And I remember singing You Are My Sunshine on car trips.

    I am so glad you were not perfect!
    A Hug From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I had at least one story - I fear my exploited don't match up to some of my friends. But who knows what is to come.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK,That last one! Mollie made me laugh. I would have liked those books I reckon, didn't have them this side of the pond though.
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good - Trixie had two older brothers. Her best friend lived next door and her older brother and Trixie had a little crush on one another. I did love all their stories. As for Mollie - she's a hoot all right.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to do this one - it looks like such fun.

    Loved your answers. Be sure to remind Mollie of her answer to you at some point down the line. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm anxious to hear your answers. I'll definitely remind Mollie - or have one of her kids do it.

      Delete
  4. Love the Someplace Else answer....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a really nice bar when I was sixteen!

      Delete
  5. Loved your answers. I remember Trixie! I'd forgotten those books!
    It's amazing the diverse answers in this meme! I'm actually wondering if when I do this one I'll skip the virginity question! I was so old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't skip it! What are we teaching our daughters? I still have those old books.

      Delete
  6. Loved the statue. I would have liked those books.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That statue was always special to Daddy.

      Delete
  7. Loved your answers, PK and that carving is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy did have some beautiful pieces.

      Delete
  8. loved reading your answers. I remember hearing the story about "Someplace Else". :-) I don't mind admitting I was older when I made love for the first time but I am afraid to answer that question about childhood because truly the only time I ever got in "trouble" was for not cleaning my room. Love your sculpture. Hugs

    ReplyDelete