I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fantastic trip

I’m back! We had a wonderful trip. I loved having the whole family together. The worst part of any trip of this nature, for me, is navigating the airports, but it was really a breeze. All I had to do was stand a bit behind Nick or Mollie and follow. What an amazing feeling to have Mollie leading the way with all the subway connections once arrived – she’s only been there once on her own, but with the confidence of youth and a good app on her phone she seemed like a natural.

Sunday night we had a big family dinner. We headed first to Brooklyn to see the boy’s apartment for the first time. It was really very nice and not the tiny shoebox you’d picture for what they could afford. It has a decent size bedroom, two large closets, a kitchen and dining area and then a living room with enough room for a couch, chairs, a desk and a TV.

While we were there Colin’s mom and nephew joined us and we headed out to eat. Now the next part is a bit of a blur, but let me tell it the way I remember it. We left to go to dinner. (Please remember I’m a southern girl – until last year I didn’t own a winter coat. Who needs one to walk from the car to the door? Now back to my story.) It was coolish out, around minus twenty, with the winds howling fifty to sixty miles an hour. (Perhaps an exaggeration, but I’m telling you what it felt like to me.) I had on two pair of socks, long johns, my slacks, my shirt, a light jacket, my winter coat, a scarf, earmuffs and my gloves. Yet as we walked the ten to twenty miles to the ferry, which would take us to Manhattan, I felt sure I would truly freeze to death.

Mollie, who wanted to ‘look good’, had on a dress, nylons, heels and a pretty coat. I don’t even want to contemplate how cold she was. LJ’s dear friend from college, Franny works on the ferry and arranged for the top deck to be opened just for us (yes it was enclosed and heated) and the views come over were magnificent. 



Once we got off the ferry it seemed like only a five or six mile hike on over to the restaurant. BTW, New Yorkers are notorious liars, should any of them tell you “It’s not far.” or “It’s just up here.” or “We’re almost there.” They are lying through their teeth.

Once we arrived alive at the restaurant the evening was perfect. It was the whole crowd, Nick, Mollie and I. My sister, my BIL and their daughter, who lives in NYC. LJ and Colin, Colin’s mom and nephew and Franny rounded out the crowd. LJ and Colin are regulars at this place. They gave us a large table in the back and treated us like royalty. The food was great and the fellowship perfect.

It was an evening to remember, relaxed, happy and fun and I enjoyed the time to just visit as family. I’ll tell you soon about the wedding itself – I did love it.  But for now I’m happy to be back home.

I wish everyone in America a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope you have the chance to enjoy the day with the ones you love.

39 comments:

  1. Oh PK I am so glad that your trip was a success, I can't wait to hear about the wedding
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, it was just great.

      Delete
  2. welcome back. glad you had an awesome time, and LOL about the new yorkers being liars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fondles,
      I guess they are much more used to walking than I am.

      Delete
  3. A couple more trips and the treks won't seem to daunting. Sounds like a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,
      I guess I should go more often. But it does seem daunting right now.

      Delete
  4. Me thinks thou exaggerate both weather and walk. I, too was in Manhatten that weekend.sounds like you had a wonderful time, so happy for all of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Patty, I didn't know you were going to be there to tell on me. I suppose it wasn't that bad. All and all it was a wonderful trip.

      Delete
  5. I think I would have frozen too, PK, and I am used to feeling the cold!

    I just knew you would have a brilliant time! I am so glad! I can't wait to hear more about the wedding!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami,
      It really was cold - we seemed to always be walking into the wind. But I'm really looking forward to telling about the wedding.

      Delete
  6. Sounds perfect...well except for the cold and the walk. Another 50 trips and you should get used to it!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby,
      Another 50? Can't he just come here. I hope your Thanksgiving is great too.

      Delete
  7. PK so glad you had a great time. I love NYC and yes it can be a bit of a hike to get places, especially when it is cold and windy. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Hugs,
    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George,
      Too bad the boy couldn't have moved somewhere warm, but as long as he's happy.

      Delete
  8. Grace M3:48 PM

    So glad you had a lovely time with your family pk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, it was great.

      Delete
  9. I'm so happy everything went so well and I can't wait to hear about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faerie, it was pretty special.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful trip and adventure, PK!!! So glad that you had such a super time, and that you are home with the happiest of memories!!! I look forward to hearing about the wedding! Many hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie,
      There has been so much love and support here in blogland. And we do have many happy memories. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.

      Delete
  11. I live in the cold and will never get used to it...glad you had a good time. can't wait to hear about the wedding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy,
      I'm looking forward to telling you all about it.

      Delete
  12. I am beyond happy for you. The trip sounds like it was wonderful.
    I always think I prefer the cold until I am not dressed properly and freeing my tush off!

    Sitting here waiting to hear the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle,
      The trip was great, except for that cold. Now I really think freeing your tush off makes for a more interesting comment.

      Delete
  13. FREEZING! Sheesh. Freeing my tush is something else altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey PK...sounds like you had a great trip and I do understand about the weather and liars in NYC...been there, done that. LOL

    Looking forward to hearing more about the awesome wedding!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat,
      I thinking of preempting FF this week to post about it.

      Delete
  15. Hi PK, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. I hate the cold! Looking forward to hearing more about the wedding.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      Thanksgiving today with Nick's family. So glad LJ picked this date, having this whole week off lets the wedding excitement linger.

      Delete
  16. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. I hate the cold as well.

    PK, Happy Thanksgiving. Rest and enjoy the holiday.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie,
      This morning it's 16 degrees here and 24 in NYC! But at least here I can sit by the fire and not go for any long hikes.

      Delete
  17. PK,
    so happy that you had such a good time, sorry about the NYC liars. LOL.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul,
      I didn't raise the boy to lie so, see what that city has done to him? This whole holiday week has been just wonderful. Love back to you.

      Delete
  18. so glad you had a good time :-) Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps, it was just great.

      Delete
  19. Great to hear you had such a wonderful time and I am sure you will have warm memories no matter how cold it was. You must be so proud of your wonderful family.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FD, I really am. Love those boys and Mollie too!

      Delete
  20. I'm from NYC. No clue what you are talking about. Jackie laughing at your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was completely accurate! I think next time I'm going for the one day of spring or the one day of fall.

      Delete