I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who knew there was a real club?

Just a note - my computer is acting up and so is my internet. I'm getting emails days after they were sent and I am not getting some that folks tell me they have send. Not sure all mine are getting out. So if you've emailed and I haven't answered I'm sorry. Hope it all clears up soon.

Last night Mthc stumbled across this link while on an unrelated search. The title caught her attention and so she passed it on to me. I love it!! Some times we may think our desires are unusual but apparently the desire has been around a long time. This was on the front page of the LA Times on January 26, 1938 – nearly 72 years ago! I guess there is nothing new under the sun!



Wives of Spanking Husbands
Form Girls’ Auxiliary to Club

SIOUX FALLS (S. D.) Jan. 25 (AP) — Wives of Spanking Husbands’ Club, organized in Sioux City, Iowa, and parent organization of fifty-nine such clubs throughout the nation according to its own figures–reached out for another slice of territory today. The Iowa housewives who consider it a mark of esteem for their husbands to wield a disciplinary hairbrush once in a while, announced plans today for a junior auxiliary–Daughters of Spanking Parents.

ELIGIBLE GIRLS

A letter received here from Sioux City and signed “Rita Rae, general delivery,” told of plans for the new organization for which she claimed an initial membership of seventeen. Any girl above the age of 11 years is eligible to join, Mrs. Rae wrote.

“We think all parents should spank their daughters when they don’t behave,” Mrs. Rae wrote.

“Some girls won’t admit it, but the really know it is better to get spanked than scolded and nagged. Spanking creates a better understanding between parents and daughters.”

MERELY SPANKED

Mrs. Rae is the president of the Wives of Spanking Husbands, which was organized last June 26 under the broad-minded slogan “Spare the hairbrush and spoil the wife.”

“Our husbands don’t beat us,” the Sioux City woman was careful to explain. “They just turn us over their knees and give us a good sound spanking.”


Wonder if the club is still around and if so where do I sign up?

7 comments:

  1. Now this is too funny! Imagine the conversations in that club!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK, nothing new under the sun, indeed.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fasinating, PK. Thanks for uncovering it. You know from all those old-timey photos that a lot of people were into it, but A CLUB! I wonder if I could start one in my neighborhood?

    cheers!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    I guess it would be just like all of us getting together.

    Paul,
    I think you're right! We all think no one had these thoughts before us!

    Carly,
    I just wish we could all be this opened. But maybe it really was more accepted for husbands to do such back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun that would be PK. Thanks for sharing.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. PK: The Internet has made it a lot easier for spankos to connect, but it just goes to show that the interest has always been there.

    Don't know if you've ever checked out the Shadow Lane website but it even holds conventions. The woman who started it was featured a decade or so ago in New York magazine. She met the interviewer at a hotel and said, "I don't think I've ever been at this hotel without being spanked.'' LOL.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ronnie,
    It would be fun. I'm not much of a joiner but this would be my club!

    FD,
    LOL! I wonder if the guy doing the intervew offered to keep her record going!

    ReplyDelete