I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gradituesday and Diet news

Today I am very grateful for the fabulous fall weather that appeared this weekend and seems willing to stay for a while. Fall is such a wonderful time of the year and I live in a beautiful area to view the changing leaves!



Now for the diet update – I lost 1.6 pounds this week. Mostly from the night I peed all night I guess, but I did work out at the gym too! Nick has asked that I try to get to bed earlier. I am a true night owl. I am worse than a little kid about not wanting to give up the day. But he says that studies show that getting more sleep helps with weight loss. So because of that and because he asked I’ve been working on it. Of course early for me is before midnight.

After he got back from his trip this weekend he told me “Now if you don’t lose again this week your bedtime goes to 11:30.” Geeze he could have told me before he left me here on my own for an eat-fest weekend! But at as much as I like staying up I like Nick telling to be in bed by a certain time. I’m trying, old habits are hard to break but I’m trying.

9 comments:

  1. Geez, you poor thing! Having to go to bed so early! hehehehe You know, PK, I can't sleep. I can't go to bed unless I'm fall down tired and its very hard to get myself there. Do you think it is something to do with our age? :)

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    Hugs,
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK: Sounds like he's taking more control by taking charge of your bedtime. He may be teaching you how to submit and like it.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh telling you to go to bed early, I like it but 11.30, that's too early:). I'll be interested in hearing how this works PK

    Great news on the weight lossx

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11:30pm LUCKY you my bedtime is 11pm and I was reminded of this fact with a severe discipline session last night! Yup this sub girl is sitting on a sore butt this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK, you have my sympathy, I'm rarely in bed before midnight, but then I rarely sleep more than three to four hours.
    Well done on the weight loss.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the weight loss! Bedtimes can stink. I was able to stay up until I wanted...well until I started writing until 3:00 in the morning. Now, I have to be in bed when he does. Although, it has it's benefits. :) Good luck with continued weight loss.

    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    I'm usually pretty sleepy went I get to bed and sometimes I fall asleep in my chair with the laptop. I just hope I can lose two weeks in a row.

    FD,
    I don't know if that is what's happening or not - but it sure sounds good.

    Ronnie,
    It seems the earlier I go to bed the the sleepier I get at night. Maybe I really am tired. I'm glad that I am not the only one who doesn't think 11:30 is fairly early.

    Scunge,
    Owww! I think that might help me. But I'm afraid it won't ever happen whether I get to bed on time or not.

    Paul,
    I count myself very lucky that I can sleep very, very well. In bed, in my chair, the car - anywhere. I read that the average amount of sleep anyone needs is one more hour! Sure is true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen you sleep in the car... and yes, you do it very well. Nick is on to something though. There are many studies that show that a lack of sleep leads to weight gain.

    What's an hour or two? It's more time to cuddle. Wouldn't that be the perfect diet plan? Snuggles = weight loss.

    *hugs*
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  9. CeeCi,
    That does sound like a wonderful weight loss plan - it's at least worth a try!

    ReplyDelete