I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Medical advice please

I need some medical advice here. For those of you not interested in reading about my symptoms you might want to read elsewhere today. I’m hoping some of you might have an idea of what might be going on.

One thing that I can usually count on is a restful nights sleep with no interruptions. But several months ago I had a strange night. After a very normal day, normal eating and drinking I ended up getting up 5 or 6 times during the night to pee. Normally I don’t even get up once. What was more surprising is that was that it wasn’t just an irritation or the feeling that I had to go; I had a full bladder each time. Don’t know where all that fluid was coming from. It was annoying but except for the getting up and down no real problem or after affects and I just forgot about it…until Monday night when it happened again.


I was in bed by about 11:30 and was up at least 5 times before 5 with a full bladder each time. I was paying more attention this time – still couldn’t think of anything I had done differently on Monday. There was some good news, after getting rid of all that liquid my weight was down nearly 2 pounds. And I noticed when I got to the gym today I felt like I had much more energy. For the past few days I would go to the gym and do my workout but I just felt sooooo tired. Today I had much more energy at the gym. Otherwise today I felt the same as always. I haven’t been thirsty or see anything different in how I feel. And I haven’t been going to the bathroom more during the day, just when I went to bed last night. And of courses this has only happened twice now – several months apart.

So all you smart people – do I have a problem? It’s about time for my yearly physical. Do I need to be tested for something? Evidently I am retaining fluid sometime but not all the time. Why would that be? Anyway, if you have any ideas let me know. This one has me stumped.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Perhaps your body is producting more estrogen various days of the week/month then during the restful hours your body is working to shed the excess water from your system.... Since you didn't mention being extra thirsty, I doubt it's your blood sugar....

    Take care,
    kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know what it could be but I am sure it's nothing to worry about PK.
    If I were you I would go and mention it to your doctor.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kitten. You didn't mention being more thirsty. That's usually a sign of something wrong with your pancreas. You also didn't mention any troubles with it being uncomfortable to void so its not likely to be a problem with your urinary system.

    If I were you, I'd mention it to the doctor when you see him, but it doesn't sound like anything to run to the doc about.

    Lots of times, dieting will give the body a chance to dump toxins it hasn't been able to process because its getting too much of things that are making it unhealthy. One of the ways our bodies do that is to pee it out. Just stay very well hydrated so you can support the process of getting rid of stuff you don't need.

    I'm happy you are doing well otherwise. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PK, I think Greenwoman is right.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK the same thing happened to me one night. But I got up nearly every hour. By morning I had lost 10 pounds. The process is called Profound Spontaneous Diuresis.

    Of course Michael was 7 days old. Maybe that isn't what is happening to you!

    I did think for some reason your body decided to let go of some fluid. Although typically our anti diuretic hormone kicks in at night so we can sleep.

    My theory is, if it isn't serious it will go away. If it doesn't I'll go to the doctor. Certainly can't hurt to mention it to him.

    I bet the 2 pound weight loss wasn't fluid. I bet you just worked it off getting up and down all night long.

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitten,
    It could be - but I've been through menopause I wouldn't think that estrogen levels would change that much. But it's something...

    Ronnie,
    I guess I'm more curious than worried.

    Greenwoman,
    I did seem strange that this was the only 'symptom'. I know its good to flush the body with extra fluids but I'm not used to my body doing it on its own!

    Hugs to you Paul. I know this wasn't the most exciting post.

    Theresa,
    My memory isn't much these days but I am pretty sure I have not had a baby within the last week!

    Well my body was getting rid of something and yes the getting up and down was quite a workout!

    ReplyDelete