I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The saga ends, I hope

I finally have some good news on the computer story, which you can read here if you like. But really not that exciting I have to tell you. The day after the marathon call to the repair center Nick took the computer and cords back once more to Best Buy. As soon as he got in the door he asked to speak a manager.

Nick gave him the whole story and told him he really didn’t want to leave the store with out a cord that would allow us to use the computer. The guy called the repair center but didn’t get much farther than we did. Finally he suggested Nick buy a special HP universal adapter for $79.00 and he could return it within 30 days once the repair center sent us a new one (like your idea, Kate). Nick wanted to know what would happen if they never sent the right cord.

After looking at him for a minute the guy asked Nick if he had a penny. A penny?? Nick said “I’ve got a dime.” Thinking the guy wanted to use it as a crude screw driver or something. But the manager was saying, “Never mind, I’ve got one.” Then he rang up the new cord for a penny, slipped it in a bag and handed it to Nick.

My thanks to Nick and the manager – now I have MY computer back!!

~~~~~~~

I wrote all that the other day. Yesterday my arthritis attacked again, with vengeance. Around 3:00 Friday afternoon I felt a small twinge in my finger. By 11:00 that night the if I moved it or brushed against something the pain was nearly as bad as kidney stones. It’s better today but still very tender and I am typing mostly with one hand. I have an appointment with the arthritis doctor this week. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

  1. Let's hope the doctor can get you back to normal. How frustrating for a blogger to have to type with one hand, much less dealing with all the pain. Good luck. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK, good that you have your computer back, bad that you have arthritis.
    I hope that you feel much better soon.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the arthritis is cleared up fast now that you can actually use your computer. There's nothing like going straight to the manager to get results! Meow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you got your computer back PK and now I hope your arthritis eases.

    Let us know how you get on at the docs.

    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm sorry your hands are hurting! I hope you are back to your typing self soon.

    Glad you FINALLY have your computer back! What a saga!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't is nice that there are still good people in the world providing customer service at the expected level? 1 penny!!!! Great job, Nick.

    PK, sorry your arthritis is flaring up. Hope the doc can help.

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FD,
    Frustrating is the word! It's like having laryngitis. I hate it!

    Paul,
    I do love having the computer back. I'm really glad Nick let me use his but I like mine much better.

    Meow,
    I thought the manager did a great job.

    Ronnie,
    I hope the doctor can answer some of my questions and find something that will stop the flair-ups.

    Grace,
    As long as I have one good hand I'll be typing - but not very fast.

    Debbie,
    It has really improved my feelings about Best Buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI PK, Glad your puter probs are over. I was once diagnosed with arthritis. They later changed there mind but apparently what I have is very close. I know how this feels. So many prayers for you to feel better.
    Hugs,
    Davey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Davey,
    This doesn't act like regular arthritis but I do have lots of questions for the doctors.

    I just want to be able to type!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, you are in pain. Hope the doctors can help out and you get to feeling better soon.
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katia,
    I hope so I have lots of questions for him!

    ReplyDelete