I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, September 09, 2013

Weekend


Except for eating too much, this weekend has been really nice. We ate at a local BBQ place Friday night – the best BBQ I’ve found anywhere. We always go early enough for both my kids to tease us about being old folks, but who wants to wait in line all night, go early and avoid the crowds. And we were home early enough to do some playing. I’ll say Nick did a great job.

The next night some friends asked us to go out to eat with them and I wish I could give you the name of the place because it had hands down the best food I’ve ever eaten. I had prime rib and Nick had steak, and never have I eaten more tender flavorful meat. Add to that some delicious garlic mashed potato, and I was in food heaven! Sunday was the usual wonderful lunch at his moms. For someone trying to lose weight, it was a decadently wonderful weekend.

In addition to playing and eating, I finally got our reservations in NYC for the wedding. I’ve had our plane reservations for a while, but now we have a hotel too and my sister and BIL will be at the same place. On the map it looks like a short subway ride to the venue. I’m going to my sister’s later this month for wedding clothes shopping – thanks to many of your suggestions, I have some ideas in mind for where to shop and what I’m looking for.

Working on getting back to myself and pulling myself out of a fog. I’m getting there.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good weekend and that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny,
      I'm working on it. And I think I'm gaining on it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you went to Texas Roadhouse,did they have their meat out in a deli case out front? Texas Roadhouse has some of the best steak and prime rib anywhere hands down. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scunge,
      No it was Texas Roadhouse, we've eaten there and it's great too. But this was better!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had such a great weekend and are feeling better. Hooray for play time :)

    Glad too that you have the reservations for the wedding. That must be a bit of load of the mind. Hope you have a fun and successful shopping trip with your sister.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      It is a load off my mind. I'm not a great flyer and NYC scared me still. So I'm a little calmer now.

      Delete
  4. PK,
    sounds good, things are looking up.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Thanks - I hope I'm starting up and can keep it up.

      Delete
  5. glad you had some fun play time and nice visits with family and friends. the food sounds delicious. happy your spirits are up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terps,
      Hope you are feeling better too. Sure wish I could eat like that all the time.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like things are picking up! The food sounds delightful!
    The fun after too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want things to pick up for you! Thinking of you.

      Delete
  7. Hey PK...I know you said you are working on it but you really do sound much better than you have in a while. So happy you had a lovely weekend.

    Continuing to send lots of positive energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,
      I thank you very much for the positive energy - it's helped and I do feel better.

      Delete