I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Thanksgiving Time


Thanksgiving is upon us! I guess you know the type of stress that brings. Getting ready for the invasion of family can be overwhelming – cleaning, planning menus, buying groceries, thawing turkeys. I don’t know what is on your menus this year but we are having turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yeast rolls, home made biscuits, pumpkin pie, coconut cake and red velvet cake. Before dinner we’ll have a cheese ball and a veggie tray and sausage balls with home made punch. Honestly, I am exhausted just thinking about it!! Just think how tired I would be if I actually had to do any of this.

You know it’s not me folks! We are going to Nick’s folks of course. But don’t feel sorry for his mom there should only be about 22 or 23 of us. And she is not old or anything. She won’t be 84 until next month. The daughters and daughters-in-law do help some – I’m bringing plates! MIL is amazing and seems to love doing this, not only for holidays but every Sunday also. But then again last Thanksgiving I did over hear her mutter to her husband “We live over the river and through the woods and they still found us!”

12 comments:

  1. My parents are doing it for the first time in a long time this year because they have a new house.
    They're not over the river but they're definitely thru the woods and beside them...in them ..as they are on a side of a mountain. Let's see..turkey..ham..mashed pot.gravy..green bean casserole..mac & cheese..lima beans..dressing..cranbury sauce. Cake,pie..tea..coffee.(rum)macy's thanksgiving day parade..
    ..football..black friday..no work..no school.. Happy thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mthc said it all except watch the cowboys loose and the deer all over the side of the mountain and the back yard. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK, you so have my sympathy, looking at all that food must be so tiring. Chuckles.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Hi PK
    Your MIL sounds incredible. Sounds like a great meal. Sadly my MIL passed away in 98 and u know the family dynamics really change a lot when that happens. It's especially complicated when you have children from a previous marriage as my husband does...so who's year it is to have the kids, and whose home its gonna be at etc. This year my daughter in law is having it, but we are bringing some food. I am glad she is doing it this year, I just haven't been up to the shopping or cooking which I usually love. I think I have been spending most of my free time reading all of these wonderful blogs! It's not easy to keep up with all of the reading and posting.
    Thanks for the sharing.
    And PK thanks for sharing your e-mail with me...it will be a great relief to be able to communicate a bit with someone who understands so well all of the complications.
    Happy ThanksGiving
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Happy Thanksgiving PK to you and yoru family. I am cooking for 18. I love getting together. It is all about the food for us Italians. Plus we play games and have a blast

    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:18 PM

    It's not fair. We do'nt have anything cool like thanksgiving. Ruddy England!!! I want to celebrate too, please? (giggles brattily) Have a great one guys. Jflame

    ReplyDelete
  7. PK - That all sounds so yummy! I our own Thanksgiving dinner was a month ago, and Christmas is still a month away! Good thing we still have leftover turkey in the freezer for hot turkey sandwiches with gravy, fries and a veg.

    Food and spankings, my 2 favourite things.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:25 PM

    MMM Pk, I wanna come
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing time! I'm so jealous, I wish I could be there!

    Love you!
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mthc,
    Your meal sounds as good as mine. I hope it is a wonderful day for your family.

    David,
    Oh yeah, you can't forget football and deer hunting.

    Paul,
    Don't you worry about me. I will be sure to get a good nap in.

    A,
    When you lose someone so vital in a family things do change. I am glad you are creating new tradiations.

    I remember when I first began reading blogs they pretty much consumed all my time. I guess I am only slightly better now but I do enjoy them and I love the people I've met here. Hope to hear from you.

    I Gal,
    I hope you all have a great day and that Jay is feeling better all the time.

    Jay,
    Hope you can come to America some day to celebrate our Thanksgiving. I really love it.

    Hermione,
    It seems that we barely get Thanksgiving over before Christmas is upon us. After that there is a long cold winter to get through.

    Jean,
    You would be most welcomed and we would barely notice another.

    Grace,
    We would love to have you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:57 AM

    red cake is my favorite, bring one with you when you come! hope you and Nick and all the family have a blessed Thanksgiving! Taking the plates is a tough job, theres the color, design, etc LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Forgot to sign my name, bring the cake to me !!

    ReplyDelete