I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

500,000 swats

Maybe that should have been ‘hits’, whatever!

I did it! It took me five years, six months and one day to reach a half million hits! I am honored and delighted to think that so many people have come over the years to listen to what I’ve had to say and often left a comment. To everyone who has ever been by I give you a big, sincere



It’s had me thinking about how people out here decide where to spend their time reading and where they decide to comment. I think I have way more time to play around on the computer than many out here, but with all the wonderful spanking blogs we have now, no one could keep up and read them all, not if they went at it 24 hours a day.

That means we have to pick and choose. I like reading everything – from serious BDSM to those who only enjoy playing. I enjoy blogs where the man is the unquestioned HOH to blogs where husbands get spanked for their misdeeds. But I know I gravitate to blogs where I feel the relationship is fairly close to what Nick and I share, that would be where the woman enjoys a good spanking and has usually brought the subject up to her husband. You all know I enjoy a little discipline (or should I say habit breaking incentives), but I don’t want to be bossed around or micromanaged.

I also enjoy reading blogs with more firm or heavier discipline. I have to say it just gives me a thrill to read about loving, caring, dominant, take charge men. I don’t want to live with one, but I like to read about them. I’m not always as likely to comment, because I often don’t know what to say, but I do read.

I guess comments are the true guide to where I read. I blog for the friendships with like minded people. If I didn’t want comments I would just talk to myself and not spend my time typing.


I try to answer all my comments – doesn’t always happen, but I try. When I get a comment I nearly always follow it back it it’s another blogger and see what their site is like. Often I’ll leave them a comment too. This is when I usually decide if I’ll make that site a regular stop on my daily read. If my comments are never answered I usually stop commenting, although I’ll often keep reading. I feel like if I speak to someone a few times and they don’t answer the comment, I just assume that they don’t want to talk. And that’s okay too.

Please let me say right here I know many of you just don’t have the time to answer every comment. I mean I sometime don’t get mine answered and I don’t get as many as some of you and I have no little ones to care for, as you do, while you’re trying to clean the house and get supper on the table. So I understand that it’s just not practical for many of you to answer comments. But anyway, that’s how I decide where to read and comment. When I comes to linking with others, I’m usually slow about it. I want my blog list to reflect what I actually read. When I find a new blog it’s usually when someone recommends it to me or I follow a link back from a comment. And I like to read a while before I link – and then sometimes if simply forget. I’ll be a regular at blog for a while and then realize I haven’t linked it yet. I’m working on it.

So how about you? Why do you read the blogs you read? When do you decide to comment? If you have a blog how do you decide which blogs to link or not to link? I’m really curious about your answers. I hope you’ll leave me a comment and tell me or post about it yourself.

And once again – thanks for the half million!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! You were my first blogging friend and your encouragement helped me to get started. Thanks for all you do for others like me. I will post on my reading/commenting. abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS
    Ditto what Abby said. Your encouragement is what got me started on writing a blog and stories. For the longest time I was just a lurker.
    I try to post a comment on most blogs I read. I feel it lets the writer know their work is not for naught.
    I also answer to my commenters - being new to blogland I don't get as many but I want my readers to know I appreciate thier stopping by.
    I have CRS and can't remember any other questions you might have asked.

    Congratulations again and Have a Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK, You are the one who got me started too. Is this a world domination plan you have? LOL.
    As for reading and commenting, surprise I have no plan or routine, I read what seems interesting at the time. I comment when I get the nerve, cause I still get nervous about it. As for linking, I still can't get all the ones I read to routinely show up on my list, I'm way to tech challenged, lol. Congrats on the awesome stat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations PK. Your a very good friend to have. Thank you.

    Here to your next 500,000 swats.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Congrats! I've been reading your blog for a long time. :)
    Hugs,
    padme

    ReplyDelete
  6. PK: Congrats on 500.000. You have been an inspiration to so many of us and meeting you was a special treat.

    I have told the story many times that without you, I wouldn't be writing stories or blogging. When somebody comments on my blog, I almost always go to their site and follow them and/or leave a comment. And I should link more but I am still too low tech. I read a wide variety of blogs, wish I could read more. But only so many hours in a day.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  7. PK, well done, 500k is a nice round number.
    I'm sure that it will be 1000K before you know it.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty3:25 PM

    Found your blog about a year ago.You brought me laughter and some tears of rememberance. My Colonel was not a micro-manager but he was a spanker and I gave him pleanty of reasons to exercise that need.Love your site and Cassie stories too, read and enjoy all posts you follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats a great achievement and a wonderful testimant to what a great blog you have PK. Love it. I too will read a lot of blogs, comment on them most of the tim, sometimes im not sure what to say or im one of teh last to comment and eveyone has said everything already LOL
    I too try to answer my comments, albeit maybe a little late because of the time difference and any new commenters I check out their blogs too.
    Im drawn to the more serious side of DD rather than the sexy side of spankings or BDSM
    If allowed it can take up a great deal of time though lol.....perhaps my Sir should make it a rule for me LOL...oh thats right, he doesnt know about blogs hehehe
    congrats again PK - love your blog and obviously so do many many others :)
    way to go my friend ;)
    Love and hugs kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations PK. I have been reading for quite some time but have never posted a comment here. I have a few favorites blogs that visit every day and I read them because they give me a better understanding (and help me accept) my submissiveness.

    I really can't say what makes me finally decide to post....maybe it's just that after reading for so long I start to feel more comfortable with the writer.

    Congrats again, I'll be here reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:17 PM

    Congrats on the hits. I read certain blogs cause they are similar to our own relationship. I read crtain blogs after blog hopping. I have a wide range of interest so if one catches an interest I will read and most likely stay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abby,
    Thank you! I look forward to reading what you have to say about it.

    Sunnygirl,
    Thanks! You have helped me so much by sharing your wonderful stories with us for Fantasy Friday. One of yours is going up this Friday! I like your reason for commenting. It is great for a writer to feel that they are being read.

    Faerie
    Shhhhhhh… I’m still working on the world domination plan. Haven’t got it quite complete yet! LOL! I never really knew why I began reading the blogs I did at the beginning. Someone would catch my attention and I’d read them and their friends. And many became my friends too.

    Ronnie,
    Thanks. I value you friendship too. Makes me wonder how many actually swats I’ve had during these 5 ½ years.

    Padme,
    Thanks I think we have been here about the same amount of time. Blogging is a special world.

    FD,
    You are a special friend. You begin sharing your writing with me and your stories are wonderful. Getting to meet in person was a special bonus. I’m with you and, wish I had more time to read too.

    Paul,
    I really hope you’re right. Blogging and the people here add a great deal to my life.

    Patty,
    Thank you so much. You couldn’t pay me a better compliment that to tell me you love Cassie’s stories. As you have commented on Cassie’s site I have often thought of you and your Colonel. I have a feeling that there is a love story we have yet to hear from you, maybe we will…

    Kiwi,
    I appreciate all you’ve said. I like the way we each gravitate to a specific type of blog yet we are all supportive of each other even if they practice TTWD in a completely different way. That’s why I love blogs, the acceptance we all feel here.

    Dancingbarez,
    Thanks, I really appreciate you commenting. It means a lot to me. I think you’re right. As we begin to feel we know someone we’re more willing to talk.

    Trazuredpet,
    You sound like me, I like reading people like us and I do hop around a lot. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats girl! You know I love you! I'm so proud of you and this blog.

    You've gone through some ups and downs and even had a little stumble but you persevered. You kept writing and kept writing and kept writing and look....Look at all the people that have opened up and started writing because of you!

    I find that amazing.....just like you!

    HUGS,
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello PK,
    It was too long since the last time I contact with you. I still read your blog sometimes once in a while. And I'm really happy that you still continue writing this blog, and still being well :)
    I haven't commented for a long time, but I really love your blog and I really appreciate to have a place that I can come by to read about TTWD, the FF stories, and also can find the links to other awesome blogs.
    Thank you for all, PK.
    Hope you always healthy, happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! I really enjoy reading your blog. When I started my own blog, I was reading maybe 5 or 6 others. Now I follow over 60! It can get time consuming but I definitely have favorites that I always check in on and read. I don't comment on everything I read, but try to when something in it strikes me. As a blogger myself, I know people appreciate the comments. I usually reply to each one on my own blog. As far as links, if someone asks me to link theirs then I do and they usually reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grace,
    You are one of the special ones. I wouldn’t be here without you. I love this blog and it has added to my life and my joy. Who would have thought it would have lasted this long?

    Nita!
    I am so happy to hear from you. I have thought of you often and wondered how you and your family are doing. I hope you will come by and read often.

    Lea,
    I’m glad you came by. Sometimes I wish that there were more hours in the day. I love reading around and wish I could comment everywhere.

    ReplyDelete