I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It must be harder now...


This past Sunday we had our Veteran’s in church stand. Someone went around with a mike to hear what years each person standing served and in which branch. This was the first year that we had no WWII veterans. My dad was a WWII veteran, but there are so few left now.

I learn so much about that war from listening to my father and his brothers and sister. Most of their stories had to do with French ladies, but I learned about some battles too. They were very proud of what then did and you could tell. In the world wars – they fought the enemy, defeated the enemy and those lucky to be left alive came home to a hero’s welcome.

Now there is no enemy in uniform to recognize, no battlefield, no front line, and the enemy sometime as illusive as ghost. It’s must be so much harder to fight now. With no specific ‘enemy’ there is no one entity to defeat, no organized group to surrender. Now it just seems confusing.

I thank our veterans – I truly appreciate the men and women who choose to go and fight for our safety and our way of life. Their job is a hard one, but I hope they feel our pride in them and our gratitude.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful post PK...joining you in thanking our Veterans!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post PK. Joining you in thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful PK, thank you for sharing. Joining you in giving thanks and in remembrance.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and touching, PK. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this day. Joining you in thanks.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poignant, PK. I'm so glad though that we recognize the service of our veterans again. I remember during the Vietnam War and after the soldiers returned home, they were treated horribly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad was in the service. All my uncles except one of my dad's brothers were in WWII. We have Purple Hearts and other medals of bravery attesting to their dedication. Their sacrifices and service should be remembered!
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a member of a military family, I want to thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much gratitude! My FIL and BIL were both in the military...and of course my hubby too before we were married... I am so thankful for what veterans and their families sacrifice for the greater good of all of us. Lovely post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. War seems like one of those things that was much simpler back in the "good ol' days," but I have a feeling the enemy was just as illusive. In fact, many put a uniform on for a cause about which they knew nothing.

    I always love the story about soldiers from World War I who put aside their differences on Christmas night, came out into the battlefield together, drank, sang carols, chatted, and got to know one another. Then the next day, they went right back to fighting. They were able to have that one night together because half of them didn't even know why they were there.

    I do agree though, that it's rarely ever "country against country" anymore. It's always people against people against people. Who knows, maybe we just weren't designed to get along in groups larger than a small village.

    ReplyDelete