I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, April 05, 2010

The weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was nice but a little rushed. We left early Friday morning to head to the coast to see some family. I got to see my aunt – 97 – at the nursing home. I won’t swear she knew who I was but she seem so happy to have a visitor and that’s all that really mattered. My cousin invited us for supper at her home. We stayed and visited until late.

Up the next morning Mollie and Nick went around in the town – an old historical town to take some pictures. The cemetery where my grandparents are buried is just beautiful. After the picture taking we headed to another little historical town about 30 miles away. There we ate lunch with another first cousin – 80 years old – at a little restaurant in the down town area. As we were finishing she mentioned that there was a formal shop a few doors down. Mollie and I went looking and she found a formal for her prom. It’s a beautiful dress – turquoise – and it is perfect for her. I’ll post some pictures as the big night approaches.

After that it was back in the car headed home. That put us in LJ’s town for supper. We picked him up (the Easter Bunny slipped in and left baskets for him and Colin) and we ate with him and my sister and BIL. Then another two hours and we were home, tired but happy that we had gotten to see everyone.

One small problem at home – we broke the bed. Actually it happened a few days ago. One of the slats fell out but we were having a hard time making it stay. I wish I could tell you it was during a vigorous evening of love making but actually we were just sleeping peacefully. At 3 o’clock we’re up moving the mattress and trying to replace slats and having a hard time getting it to stay. They stayed temporally but as Nick got up this morning it fell again.

Sunday afternoon we moved the mattress again and Nick cut some pieces the right length to hold everything in and the best thing – the very best things – is that he used the dreaded and hated backscratcher as a spacer so he can’t grab that out without the bed falling down!! See there are wonderful things that can come from a broken bed!!

I’m off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hope to get in some relaxing, some writing, and I guess it’s time to hit the gym again. I’ll let you know how that goes.

5 comments:

  1. PK, lovely to read about your week-end and family.
    I spent Sunday with my small family.
    Sister, BIL and eldest niece and her two youngest.
    I always enjoy that, but I'm the eldest, they keep a careful eye on me.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have been a nurse. You are so wonderful with the elderly! But then I guess you are also good with the little ones, or you wouldn't still be teaching!

    The trip sounds lovely. I'll have to do some research to see if I can figure out these little coastal towns.

    I can't wait to see the dress. Michael's senior prom date had a turquoise dress. Have her date contact me for flower suggestions. That's my specialty!

    Have a great week off!
    Love and Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand age 97. I enjoyed reading about your weekend PK sounds like you had a wonderful time

    I look forward to seeing pictures of Mollie's dress.

    Enjoy your few days off.
    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew the backscratcher had a useful purpose???

    Glad you had a nice weekend!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul,
    I like that they are keeping an eye on you. You deserve the care. Glad you had a nice Sunday.

    Theresa,
    I have been with older people all my life. My grandmother lived with us. I love being around them.

    You research away they are nice towns.

    Thanks Ronnie,
    It was a great weekend. And it's a lovely dress. Can't wait to show everyone.

    Grace,
    LOL - best use of a backscratcher I had ever seen!

    ReplyDelete