I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Lovely Letter L

Another wonderful Tuesday when we get to know our friends better! I love seeing what we each come up with. I love seeing the same words on several lists, yet each of us has our own take on it.

My kids – Both my kids are L’s. Nothing in the world makes me more grateful than these two gifts from God.

Lists – I love to make to do lists. I love to mark thing through that I have completed. I often put ‘get up’ and ‘take shower’ on my lists just to be able to mark them off.

Love – to know the importance of love, think back to a time when you felt none.

Laugher – the wonder of laughter!! Could anything be better? I put it close to love because they have to go together! To quote Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias, “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!”

Life – I am so grateful for my life. To love, to learn, to teach, to touch.

Lap -- What a wonderful thing! I love mine; I cuddled my children and my cats there. It is the perfect place to give and receive love. I love my husband’s lap, facing up or facing down it is a wonderfully safe and loving place to be.

Lord’s Prayer – it is a touch stone. I loved standing beside my parents at church so proud that I could say it along with them. I get emotional when I stand in church and hear my children reciting it with me.

Left-handed – I love left handed people. My friend, mentor and teaching partner for a decade was a red-headed, left-handed, loving, loud lady! My baby girl is also a lefty! Helping her learn to hold a pencil and tie her shoes was a challenge but we did it!!

License – I know that this represent freedom. Cassie made me grateful for something I have long taken for granted.

Locks – Are wonderful! If you have children in the house they can be a lifesaver.

Lovemaking – for someone who has been a wife for a long time, I feel like a teenager just discovering the excitement, release, joy, closeness and contentment that comes from making love to the man who means everything to you.

Letting go – I am just learning to do this. My thoughts and emotions have been locked within me for so long letting them go is so difficult. Some days it is scary, some days amazingly wonderful! I am still working on this, but it is too good to let it get away.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Elis, a splendid L list, are you sure that you want us to know so much about you. :-)
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elis, your's is very good, and we did have quite a bit in common. I loved the Lords's prayer, that was a great one. I also thought of lists, but I am not very organized. I have tried doing list to get more organized but I always lose the list! Great Tuesday, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, many of the words on our lists are the same, but the thoughts are different! Your last entry "Letting Go" was the most poignant of all to me. I'm right there with you, sometimes it's the hardest thing in the world to do.

    The other night MoJo and I talked about Balloons. He said the things that bother me, frighten me, hold me back are the balloons I take to the party. Reading your thoughts of letting go made me see those balloons. Remember when you were a kid and the balloon you held would sometimes slip away and you'd be filled with regret? Then there were times you'd just let it go and be filled with wonder as it flew into the great unknown. That's what letting go ought to feel like...freedom!

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi
    (my buzzer just went off, now what?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Hey sweetie!

    I agree with CeeCi... your description of leeting go touched me deeply... such a personal, sacred thing we each experience, or strive to, in our own way and in our own time... but something we all herald nonetheless.

    Hey, did you know that Toddy and Suzy (http://associety.blogspot.com/) highlighted you today? Stop by... they were very, very flattering and are quite amazed by you!

    Hugs and TTFN,
    Tiggr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Letting go - that's a big one for me, too. BTW, I tagged you today - stop by & see what I'm up to!! D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:58 PM

    I love reading your blog, Elis!

    Hugs
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Wonderful list. :) First time to your blog. I'm glad to see you are participating in Gratitude Tuesday too.
    BIG HUGS
    ~padme

    ReplyDelete