I wish a very happy New Year to all my readers/friends this year. May 2014 be even better! I found this at Angel Brat’s blog this morning and thought it was a very interesting meme.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I became a mother-in-law!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I rarely make them anymore, but I do have one for this year that I’m going to be blogging about.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Two of my nieces had babies. They are in Nick’s big family so we get to see then nearly every Sunday. I love that the family is still growing.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I lost two people I loved, our friend Bas died in July. And another friend from blogland, some of you might remember Mthc and David a wonderful couple that were very active out here at one time. David passed away earlier this year.
5. What countries did you visit? I’ve always thought of New York City as a foreign country. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? A second book published, maybe even a third…
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Several!
June 18 sent my book to Lazy Day.
June 27 Lazy Day accepted the book for publication!
November 25 LJ and Colin married!
December 3 Sent second book to Lazy Day.
December 4 second book accepted!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Publishing Cassie’s Space
9. What was your biggest failure? I don’t really don’t have anything to put for this.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really, arthritis flares up occasionally, but no serious problems.
11. What was the best thing you bought? An (almost) new car back in April. First time in twenty-one years I’m not driving a mom-mobile.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mollie’s she attends college, works in a day care, and worked as a church camp counselor this summer – and she just made straight A’s!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A few I’ve heard about on TV, but in real like I don’t know people like this.
14. Where did most of your money go? College tuition!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The two things I’ve mentioned – the wedding and my book.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? I love silence in the car so I really don’t listen to much music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? I think I’m happier.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Written.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Playing stupid games on the computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Home with all my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013? Over and over again with my family.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I have just been introduced to Downton Abby – fantastic.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate anyone, but I still often find my boss annoying.
24. What was the best book you read? That’s like asking which child I love best.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn’t make one.
26. What did you want and get? A new Kindle
27. What did you want and not get? To retire.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Catching Fire, but in all fairness it’s the only one I saw this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out to eat with friends at the ripe old age of fifty-seven.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money? I’m sure we would have found ways to spend more money, but we’re debt free and that means a great deal to me. But I’m really ready to retire and I think that would make me more satisfied.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Is it comfortable?
32. What kept you sane? Being able to escape to my writing.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I’ve never been a big celebrity watcher. I’m more interested in the people I know and talk to daily.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? As you might guess I’m in favor of legal consenting adults being able to marry anyone they want to in all fifty states.
35. Who did you miss? I still miss talking with Bas and there are other blogging friends who have drifted away, their choice, that I really miss.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I have a new partner this year to go with my other fantastic partner and my less than fantastic partner. She is a very nice person.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Don’t be chicken, go for it!