Ana was kind enough to ask me to do Fika today, please go by her site and tell us what you think.
This was a very busy weekend for me. I love LOL day and running everywhere to try out new blogs and talk to old friends. But this past Friday, besides working all day, I left from work to drive to my sisters two hours away. Then we shopped for hours after that and got up the next morning and shopped some more. Needless to say I didn't get to leave comment everywhere I usually lurk. But I'm going to try to pop in and let my voice be heard soon.
I wanted to participate in 'The Next Big Thing' so here it is. I'll most interested on what you think of my thought on what Cassie and Tom look like.
Sunnygirl tagged me for this. My book is far in the future (probably), but I appreciate the chance to talk about it anyway.
Here are the rules:
• Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
• Post the rules for this hop
• Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
• Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
1. What is the working title of your book?
I don’t have one and I could really use some help. What title could I use for my first Cassie book?
2. What genre does the book fall under?
Romantic, comedy, spanking fiction – does that about cover everything?
3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?
Richard Crenna for Tom – I know he’s dead but he would still be my choice.
Now Cassie has been in my head for so long I know exactly what she looks like. I think the closest I could come on her would be Ellen Burstyn.
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A book that proves fun, romance, spanking and mostly love, are not the sole possessions of the young.
5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’ve decided nothing for sure at this time. I would like to be represented by an agency that could promote the book better than I probably could.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Not an easy question. I’ve been writing the story in some form for 45 years. It covers about the first 6 months after I began blogging and working to put it together took about 4 months after I decided I was actually going to try for a book. I’ve been tweaking it for the past 3 years with more tweaking needed.
7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I’m a little embarrassed to say that I don’t really read many other books in this genre. I try to keep up with my friend’s blogs, I write two blogs myself and work full time. Then I play with the book itself in my ‘spare’ time. So reading time is scarce.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Cassie marched into my head 45 years ago and began telling me her stories. For 40 years I just assumed they were for my enjoyment alone. Evidently she wanted a larger audience.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
What I like best about Cassie’s stories is that they are a mature couple, they’ve been together for 40 years and it’s still very much a love story and also finding trouble and getting spanked for it continues into retirement!
Tag, you’re it!
I think most of my friends that actually want to write a book or are doing so have already been tagged. I was thinking of some of my Fantasy Friday writers - Maybe you all could do a IF I were going to write a book... and answer the questions as best you can.
Slightly Naughty Princess