I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sometimes the HOH Won't listen!

Nick was off this past week. I won’t call it a vacation. The man has a hard time sitting and resting. His parents need so much right now. MIL is in a care facility and he visits her nearly every day, I try to go a couple of times a week. Unfortunately, she can only stay there until this Thursday. She was released from rehab, although she can barely walk across the room. There are no beds there in the ‘nursing home’ side so Nick’s sister is taking her to her home. I don’t think that’s a good idea at all, but being an in-law I keep my mouth shut. His Dad is still living alone and doing pretty well, but one of the kids goes every day to take a meal. All the brothers and sisters are helping (one not as much as others, but still.) The situation is tense and it keeps Nick from sleeping well.


Not exactly this. 

The time of my family reunion is fast approaching so there are many things to be done around the house to get ready. Nick does tons of that too, but I’ve really been trying to help him outside a little and I’m doing well on all the inside chores and lining up my part of the food. But what do you do with a HOH who won’t listen? He overworks out in the heat, he won’t come in and rest when I tell him to. He’s up on ladders and even on the roof cleaning out gutters. My man is wonderful, but a spring chicken he is not!

Should he be working hours in this heat and humidity? NO. Can I get on the roof and help him? NO. Can we afford to have someone come do it? YES. Will he listen to me? NO. Someone surely needs a spanking and this time it’s not me! But as with most of you, there is only one spanker in the house and it’s not me. I’m afraid it’s just Nick’s way to over work when he is stressed and worried. All I can do is be on hand, watch and listen when he is on the roof and help with his parents when I can.

Now I don’t mean to say we didn’t have any fun on his week off, cause we did. The temperature might be horrible during the day time, but it’s perfect for skinning dipping at night and coming up for some MFL afterwards. 



We also took a day to ride up into the mountains and I always enjoy that – the riding part. Hiking is not my thing. I can walk quite well on reasonable flat smooth ground.  Picking my want through toe snagging roots and climbing up rocks, not so much.

I desperately needed my walking stick, which I didn’t have but I did make it up one trail to a place Mollie had suggested. She said it was a short easy hike. She lied. I told her later, “Try this again when you’re sixty.” To which she replied “I will. And I’ll let you know what I think.” 

It actually wouldn’t have been all that bad if I had had that good walking stick and for all my complaining I’ve told Nick I’d go back with him again this fall when the leaves turn. It should be specular. Here are a few pictures of what I thought was a rough trail, but a great reward at the end.



We started with toe grabbing roots.


This was the smooth easy part.


These looked even steeper in real life and they
turned near the top to the left and kept going.  
Not fun going up or down with nothing to hold on to.





But I have to admit the view was incredible.
This is why I'm willing to try it again in the fall.








After all that we did my kind of mountain fun – we went to a park up that that we love, sat by a stream and read for a few hours. Then to a great restaurant with a fantastic view before heading home.  Not a completely restful week off but we did have some fun.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Pk, nice view if an arduous task to get there.
    Oh I understand about the oldies, it took such a long time to get ours settled into a niceish home and now the blooming place is up for sale and I have no idea what is happening. I understand Nick going in most days. When Ours went in I thought I could do less as they were cared for but somehow I end up going more and more. Hugs to Nick
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing when Dad went to assisted living - but it never seemed to end.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, I'm sorry things are challenging with Nick's parents. That has to be so stressful and, as you say, keeping busy is Nick's way of dealing with it.

    Glad you also had some fun during Nick's week off. I would gladly take some of your day time heat right now!

    The trip to the mountains sounds amazing. Awesome pics and stunning views.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to all the heat we can send you. We're in the 90's with high humidity and some of the rest of the country has been over 120 degrees F.

      I'll make the hike and take better pictures when it cools off some.

      Delete
  3. Wow PK, That trail does look a bit treacherous but gorgeous at the same time. I'm like Nick. Can't sit still and the more stressed I am, the more I need to be doing. Sounds like you are supporting him in every way possible, as well as his parents. Keep skinny dipping - sounds like a good way to get him off the roof! Have a great time with the reunion.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the reunion - I guess we'll keep skinny dipping until the family arrives!

      Delete
  4. We all have different ways of working off stress..skinning dipping is a great way to cool off..and the heat things up again. Those pics are awesome...worth the hike...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the skinny dipping is the best! But that view was pretty good.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures and what a beautiful view. I think worth the up hill struggle to get there. Thanks for sharing them.

    Definitely a very stressful time for Nick and as you know that's his way of handling the stress - you can't do much more than you are doing. Lovely end to the day a bit of skinny dipping and some MFL.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    Sorry about deleted comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think being here and listening is about the best I can to.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had some fun.
    As for Nick, I understand Ray used to be the same way. Now if there is a chore I don't want him to do, I just call someone. He gets angry but at least I'm not worried about him having a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent plan. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack when ever he goes up there.

      Delete
  8. It is hard to encourage our men to relax, even on their days "off". You are being as supportive and caring as you can. Lovely view on your hike. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it seems to really get to him. But I don't see the stress ending any time soon.

      Delete
  9. Hi PK, :) So sorry that things are so stressful for Nick! It's so hard to watch our parents age. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job! Skinny dipping sounds fun!

    The roof thing would scare me... Maybe Sunny's idea would be good, and possibly get you spanked too... At least you wouldn't have to worry.

    What a hiker you have become! The view looks like it was trip worthy. I understand completely, after the early summer day hike with Rob! Never thought that I would walk again... but I am walking! HA! Good for you! Your kind of hike sounds perfectly lovely! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've added an even better aspect to Sunny's plan. I don't plan on being a hiker, but once and a while I might try a short one.

      Delete
  10. Hi PK what a stressful time for Nick with his parents and you also. I'd do what Sunny recommends call someone in rather than risk Nick falling. Men can be stubborn sometimes.
    Your hike looked good with the lovely view.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had someone come in to do all the heavy yard trimming. Ladders and trimmers and loppers and hauling away. We are too old for this sh_t!

    Lovely pictures. What a beautiful outlook. Thanks for the travelogue.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, PK, your part of the world is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics. Hope your mil gets settled and Nick can relax a bit. Enjoy the family reunion!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  13. PK, I've often thought that men are programmed not to listen to their wives. I have a hard time persuading Harry to take things easy and get someone in to do the tough jobs. Sorry Nick is stressed, it's so difficult caring for ageing parents and sad watching them become more and more frail. Glad you have had some fun - rather you than me on the hike, though!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete