I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Why I didn't buy a lottery ticket

Nope, I didn’t buy a lottery ticked for last night’s drawing. Why not? To be honest, I was just the tiniest bit scared I’d win. Yes, I know the odds and I know the fear of winning isn’t the usual reason for not getting a lottery ticket, but it was my reason. Honestly I can’t imagine winning that much money all at once wouldn’t ruin someone’s life.



Seriously, so many friends and acquaintances would feel with that much money you could share a little with them. Some friends wouldn’t feel that way, but still might pull away from you and stop calling and asking you to dinner because they would be scared that’s what you were thinking of them. And can you imagine all the new friends and relativities who would show up.

I’d feel the need for extra security for Nick and me and for my whole family. My kids and future grandkids would never have to work another day in their lives. That wouldn’t be good – kids of the ultra-rich sometimes have no goals and seriously break bad. Would Mollie ever be sure that some man fell in love with her or her money?

Now don’t get me wrong – I have nothing against being rich some day. Nothing would be more wonderful than winning around five million dollars. I could have a lovely home in the mountains with a great view, a nice condo at the beach, traveling wherever we wanted to go whenever we wanted to go and being able to help the kids have a nice home, while assuring them they better keep their day jobs!


So while I didn’t get a ticket, I’m sure some of you did. Now surely with that much money you could share a little – remember I only want a measly five million. For the winner of this lottery that would be pocket change! You all have my email address don’t you?

20 comments:

  1. Hi PK, we have had some pretty big rollovers over here but nothing quite in your league. I would love to win , I wouldn't be scared at all, think of all the people you could help, bring it on I say. When I do buy a ticket it always takes me ages to check it as I reckon until I do I could be a winner and I never want to find out I am not!!
    Oh well, keep dreaming
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was our biggest ever. It would be such fun to help people but everyone would have a story and you'd wonder who to believe and who's trying to con you.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK. As Jan said we have had some big jackpots. Recent one was won by two people (a couple, the other person hasn't come forward yet) and each got over 33 million. I would love to win and I know exactly what I'd do with it. Usual would be new house here, one abroad, cars, son looked after (and yes he would still work) family and friends who are struggling would be helped I would also want set up a couple of charities.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I expect you on my door step when you get to the US - and you can stay here for free!

      Delete
  3. Very cool post, PK. I would be very excited to win, too. We all probably dream of what we would do. I have lots of things I would do for the people I love, because giving presents is so much fun. For myself, I would redecorate a beautiful flat in London with a lovely little garden. Then I would work on visiting as many pubs as possible.

    Ella Just Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - drinks for everyone!

      Delete
  4. I didn't win so I can't send you the measly $5 million. Interesting idea that you'd rather win a few million instead of a billion. Most people take the lump sum but I read an article that you're better off taking the money over 30 years. And we've all heard the stories about lottery winners going broke.


    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about you not being able to sent the $5 million. I can take it in 30 years, I plan on being around.

      Delete
  5. I feel the same as you. I would much rather win a smaller jackpot. Don't get me wrong, I would take a larger jackpot too but think it would be easier to manage a smaller one. I would take the lump sum because I doubt I'll live another 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I with you exactly - I'd take anything I can get, lump sum or over 30 years. I'll only be 89!

      Delete
  6. Hi PK,
    That much money scares me. All I hear about big lottery winners is negative and a friend(ish) of mine who won one of the first here wound up totally broke within a couple of years.
    I hope the winners of these lotteries use the money wisely and end up happy and content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I could handle a reasonable amount of winning - but when they started throwing around the 'B' word (billion) that was just too much to think about.

      Delete
  7. Although i did buy a ticket, i told Sir I would never want to have that much money much for the same reasons you stated. Since neither of us won, we'll just have to keep living on what we have. Which, since we have each other, is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly - like you two, I have all I really need and most of what I want.

      Delete
  8. Although there are 3 winning tickets out there,I didn't win either, PK I wouldn't have a problem with winning that much money as I have several charities that are dear to my heart...I could have done so much good. As far as friends and family...those who have stuck by me through thick and thin...no problem sharing...they wouldn't even need to ask. Those crawling out of the woodwork...I have no problem saying no. Since I've got a fairly common last name and my children don't live in this town anymore, most people probably wouldn't put two and two together. Oh well...will have to keep playing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may start playing now that the amount went down!

      Delete
  9. I'd hate to win that much. People seem to change and become too greedy. I'm content with life the way it is. would love to help our children and grandchildren. Apart from that not interested and we never buy tickets.
    Wonder what the winners will do with all that money!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wish them luck, but I'm glad its their problem and not mine.

      Delete
  10. Ok, blogger lost my comment or I'm going crazy! Thought I responded here?
    Hmmmm.....
    I'd share if I won. Divide it amongst the family and let them help their friends and family. We'd all have less but the money would be used better that way.
    I'd take care of charities close to home etc....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same. Winning enough to pay off all debt and go on a nice vacation, however, would be lovely and enough for me. Of course, you have to play to win, right? And since I did not I cannot expect even a small sum. A family member gave us a bunch of scratch tickets as a Christmas present and we did not even win $1 so I am thinking luck is not on our side at the moment anyway. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete