I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Fantasy Friday - Prologue: The Lost Blizzard, from Lighting the Way


You''ve come to Fantasy Friday on a great day.  While Nick and I are away celebrating our anniversary Ana has been kind enough to share part of her newest book, Lighting the Way.  Today I'm able to share the prologue  with you and tomorrow you'll be able to read the whole first chapter.  I ask for Ana's help introducing today's story.

You may have heard about Coming to Terms, the first-ever DD anthology. One of the short stories, "Tomorrow", is about two 30-something women who find healing through spanking. Today, I'd like to share with you a chapter from their story.

Almost a year ago, I began writing stories of two women in a domestic discipline relationship based on friendship rather than marriage or sex. "Kat-Sitting", as it was called then, told the story of two college roommates who were sisters, best friends, and life partners. 

Once I learned about Fantasy Friday and Cassie's blog, I wrote to PK and suggested a "play date" for our characters. "My character, Kat, is shy and in need of a friend," I said. "She has an elderly neighbor who has become one of the highlights of her life, and she's bonded with her best friend's mom. I bet she would get along well with Cassie." I found out quickly that applying the word "elderly" in any context related to Cassie would get my ears pinned back! PK accepted the word "grandmotherly", and Kat and Cassie began a friendship that spanned months and hundreds of letters.

"Natalie is so strict!" Kat wailed in one letter about her disciplinarian partner. "She never lets me do anything!" "Now calm down," Cassie replied. "We'll figure out something." Soon, the two began plotting how to meet. The story of how Kat met Cassie became central to Kat and Natalie's journey toward reconciliation.

The Kat and Natalie series is now available in its first two parts, The Way Home (available FREE on Amazon June 6-10!) and Lighting the Way. Lighting the Way, published on June 6th, coincides with Kat's first-ever birthday celebration. In order to give Kat her first birthday bash, we're having quizzes, contests, prizes, and all kinds of fun! Stop by governingana.wordpress.com to join. We'd love to have you! For now, please enjoy this excerpt from Lighting the Way.


Prologue: The Lost Blizzard 
(Natalie and Kat’s house, present-day)


 I meant to save the second half of the Georgia Mud Fudge blizzard for Natalie, but her meeting ran late. I took it out of the freezer, scooped out another surreptitious spoonful, and slammed the ice cream back into the freezer.

I worked on paying bills.

But something tedious needs a reward, right? I have to keep my strength up.

The second time, the spoonful was a bit bigger. And maybe it was two scoops instead of one. After all, Natalie must not want it much if she is still at work. I went upstairs away from the temptation and started making a list of everything to pack for our trip.
Packing is rather strenuous, yes? It deserves one teeny-tiny, microscopic bit of ice cream. But then if I have wasted the electricity to open the freezer and let the cold air out, I might as well make it worthwhile. Perhaps another teeny-tiny scoop. And it is wasteful to dirty a spoon for a few tastes, right?
No, no. I promised Natalie I would have her favorite treat waiting for her after she came home from a long day. She is rushing to get in enough work and meetings so she can work remotely for part of our time away. She knows Mama Jane and Dad will demand our full attention while we visit.
I escape to the living room and sit on the couch. I look at the throw pillow and remember how Natalie said I would need it for the plane ride home. That is worrying, I am sure Natalie would agree. A good reason to need some comfort. Responsibly, I choose not get into a bother about it, and instead deal with the worry constructively. I am being good, really, by taking care of my own worries without laying any of my burdens on her.
By the time Natalie arrives home a full two hours later than usual, my long-handled red plastic spoon is scraping the last bits of fudge and pecan and melted ice cream from the bottom of the large cup. I lick the last bits of ice cream off my spoon and give her my best smile.
“Hi, Natty.”
She sets down her briefcase and slings her jacket over the back of a table chair. She takes in my relaxing-at-home sweats and ponytail and the little bit of ice cream on my cheek that somehow escaped my notice until now.
I blush to the tips of my ears. “Er... it was delicious?”
Natalie takes a step closer, and I involuntarily take a step backward.

“I sure have one spoiled girl,” she says, so sternly I nearly miss the twitching at the corners of her mouth. “Living the high life, eating my ice cream, lazing around while I do all the work.”
I dip the spoon into the cup for one last bit of now-liquid ice cream and offer it to her.
“Want some? I saved it for you.” Then I slowly and deliberately slurp it down while watching for her reaction. Grin at her as I try to ignore the warmth of my ears. They must be as red as Rudolph’s nose...or as red as a certain portion of me will be in a few minutes.
Never one to disappoint, Natalie unbuttons the cuff of her blouse and rolls up the right sleeve. She grips my ear gently between her thumb and forefinger and leads me to the living room. I make a great show of hollering and squealing.
“No, Natty, no! I’ll be good! Even though it was your fault you didn’t come home on time. And I have to do all the packing by myself.”
Natalie is struggling not to laugh as she sits down and pulls me firmly across her perfectly creased suit pants. Mm, brushed cotton today.
“What am I going to do with you, darling?” she asks with a quirk to her lips.

“I dunno. Buy me more ice cream?”
I give an exaggerated shriek as she tugs my sweatpants and panties down to spank my bottom to a toasty glow within minutes.
“Ow!” she exclaims, shaking her hand. “That stings!”

“Like I’m feeling sorry for you—OUCH!”
Natalie has somehow managed to reach one of the wooden spoons she likes to keep everywhere, and she spanks merrily away.

“I’m scared!” I howl. “I’m scared of the spoon. So we should throw it away.”

“Not a chance,” Natalie says easily as the spoon finds its target over and over again. “You’re the one who said you wanted things back to normal.”
By the time the spanking has stopped, Natalie and I are both limp with laughter. She pats my bottom and tells me to be good. If I were smart, I would keep my mouth shut. It has been so long since we laughed like this, though, that a devilish urge makes me pipe up.
“Natty?” I ask.

“Hm?”
“Did you ever wonder what happened to the rest of your Snickers bar?”
I burrow into her lap, giggling and yelping as she puts the spoon to work again.
“No,” she says. “Do tell.”

I shut my eyes because suddenly the tears are choking any words I might say.
I almost lost this. I almost threw everything away.

~0~

Ana thank you so much for sharing this with us. Everyone, come back tomorrow for Chapter one.

If any of you are willing to share a story with us please send it to elisspeaks@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. PK,
    I have the book, I enjoyed it!
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting me today, PK! Thanks to you, Lighting the Way has hit the Amazon Top 100 for F/F romance, and The Way Home is currently #8 for LGBT fiction.

    Thank you for reading, Paul. I bet you recognized some of your favorite characters. :)

    Hope that you are having a wonderful trip and celebration, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this scene!!! She is getting spanked and she says, "mmmm brushed cotton today????" That girl. LOL

    ReplyDelete