Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weight loss and one forgotten rule

I had another good week on weight loss. I really stayed almost completely away from carbs and sweets this past week. I lost just over a pound and a half. I’m happy and Nick was pleased too. I’ve done very well following his rules so far. Except for one, and that one only bothers me on one day – Fridays! One of Nick’s rules is that on the days I don’t go to the gym that I do a little house work for at least 15 minutes before I get on the computer. I’m fine with that, no problem, except I can’t remember on Fridays. I forgot the first week and Nick ‘reminded’ me. Now this past week I really had a good excuse.

We had a dance after school and it was my turn to chaperone. If you haven’t experienced a middle school dance, let me just tell you, there is nothing like it. I came home dragging, collapsed into my chair and grabbed my computer – you know, autopilot. Nick didn’t fuss or anything. But a little later he quietly reminded me.

“Wait! I had to stay for that stupid dance.” I whined.

“I know” he agreed. “Now it you had come home and said ‘Honey, I’m really tired. Mind if I sit here and rest for a while before I clean up some?’ I’d have told you that was fine. But now you’re going to have to pay.”

LOL, not the worst thing in the world I suppose. So far I haven’t had to pay. Mollie’s had a bad cold and so privacy has been hard to come by. But I don’t mind waiting. Since I lost over a pound I have a reward coming too. There are good things in my future.

Written by PK at 12:05 AM

5 comments

5 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Florida Dom said...

PK: So give us more details about what a middle school dance is like. And it is a good sign that he is remembering the rules and not letting you slack off. Curious if he will keep this up.

FD

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

PK, explaining is one thing, whining is another.
Congratulations on the weight loss.and on Nick's firmness.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous abby said...

i remember middle school dances...they are an experience! Doing the "happy dance" for you..hope it burns off a few calories for me!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger PK said...

FD,
A middle school dance - everyone walks in a big circle and about half way through all the girls go to the bathroom and cry.

I'm glad Nick is paying attention too!

Paul,
Whining/explaining it seemed about the same until Nick brought it up.

Abby,
I hope that dance causes you to lose a bit too.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger ronnie said...

Great news on the weight loss PK, keep it up your doing great.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photobucket
This Site Best Viewed in Firefox