1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate.
Egg Nog, I don’t really like hot drinks.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree?
He doesn’t wrap, just puts them out. He thought about wrapping everything thing this year but when I told Mollie she was horrified so I guess he won’t be wrapping.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
We have recently gone to all white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Very small house so I usually wait until the 2nd week in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Daddy always went into the living room first “to see if Santa left anything”. We were to wait until he turned on the lights. If he did we could come in, if the lights didn’t come on we should just go back to bed. He was going in to get the movie camera and his huge flood lights ready. This continued as long as we lived at home. Once dad snuck out the other door and was headed back to bed, we caught him and sent him back in!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We do with Nick’s family. Then the four of us on Christmas morning, later on Christmas day we open with my family.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lots of Hallmark ornaments. Many of these are very special to me. I also have some in cross stitch made by my sister and lots with my kid’s pictures on them when they were little.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it?
I LOVE it! I get to roll over and go back to sleep.
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope and I don’t plan on trying, I like my bones intact and exactly where they are!
I loved real baby dolls that I could dress them and change the diapers. I wanted to really make believe it was a real baby. But I also loved toy guns. We have one picture of me at about 7 years old where I have a baby doll in one arm and a machine slung over the other!
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with the family.
15. Favorite holiday dessert?
Like I said before, pumpkin pie. Just give me the pie and the whip cream and I’ll skip the rest of the meal.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Having everyone in the family together.
17. What tops your tree?
Usually an angle in a blue dress.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, but I am also a big kid and I like receiving too!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
What Child is This
20. Candy Canes?
Nope, don’t like them.