I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Meme

I love stealing a good holiday meme at Christmas! Thanks to all those I stole it from. Merry Christmas everyone.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate.


Egg Nog, I don’t really like hot drinks.


2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set
them under the tree?

He doesn’t wrap, just puts them out. He thought about wrapping everything thing this year but when I told Mollie she was horrified so I guess he won’t be wrapping.


3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house?

We have recently gone to all white.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope.


5. When do you put up your decorations?

Very small house so I usually wait until the 2nd week in December.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Pumpkin pie!


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Daddy always went into the living room first “to see if Santa left anything”. We were to wait until he turned on the lights. If he did we could come in, if the lights didn’t come on we should just go back to bed. He was going in to get the movie camera and his huge flood lights ready. This continued as long as we lived at home. Once dad snuck out the other door and was headed back to bed, we caught him and sent him back in!


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

What truth?


9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?

We do with Nick’s family. Then the four of us on Christmas morning, later on Christmas day we open with my family.


10. How do y
ou decorate your Christmas tree?

Lots of Hallmark ornaments. Many of these are very special to me. I also have some in cross stitch made by my sister and lots with my kid’s pictures on them when they were little.


11. Snow! Love or Dread it?

I LOVE it! I get to roll over and go back to sleep.


12. Can you ice skate?

Nope and I don’t plan on trying, I like my bones intact and exactly where they are!


13. Do
you remember your favorite gift?

I loved real baby dolls that I could dress them and change the diapers. I wanted to really make believe it was a real baby. But I also loved toy guns. We have one picture of me at about 7 years old where I have a baby doll in one arm and a machine slung over the other!


14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Being with the family.


15. Favorite holiday dessert?

Like I said before, pumpkin pie. Just give me the pie and the whip cream and I’ll skip the rest of the meal.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Having everyone in the family together.


17. What tops your tree?

Usually an angle in a blue dress.


18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

Giving, but I am also a big kid and I like receiving too!


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

What Child is This


20. Candy Canes?

Nope, don’t like them.


10 comments:

  1. Yummy! Pumpkin pie! Sweet post ... loved the memory of your dad on Christmas morning! Too funny!
    Hugs!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Here's to hoping you don't still carry a gun!!! Merry Christmas!!

    Hugs!
    the twin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! The gun and the baby and the truth about Santa.

    Interesting that recently both you and CeeCi have mentioned your tiny houses in your post. My house is huge and way more than Michael and I need. I want small! Anyone want to switch?

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Merry Christmas! It seems no one likes candy canes! Why do they keep making them? :) Have you tried those hershey kisses? White chocolate with red stripes and bits of candy cane inside. Oh my -those are yummy!

    Have a great holiday!

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:00 PM

    This is on of the best Memes... very interesting and fun. Smiled reading it. Merry Christmas.

    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it when you do meme's PK.
    Have a wonderful time.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:47 AM

    New Beginnings (Elis?),
    I really enjoy stopping by and reading your blog from time to time, there is a lot you write about that I can relate to. I loved this meme and your answers. *If I would have had some foresight, I would have stolen it from you last week.* ;)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, PK!

    Wow, no wrapping presents? That's an interesting idea!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    P.S. I'm stealing your meme (if I get time LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Very interesting meme, Elis! Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2007 to you & yours,

    Huggggggggssssssss
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on #7 ... the dreaded Kodak Sun Gun .... I remember it well. In the resulting footage, we are all blinking like like we have sand .. er, sun in our eyes!

    ReplyDelete