I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Spicing things up

I listen to people out here. Really I do, so after reading Tiggr and Theresa and a few other places I just decided that I would get some ginger root when I was at the store. Mollie was with me but what does she know about cooking, except that I don’t do it? She asked me what in the world it was and I just told her it was a spice. I wrapped it up and stuck it in the fridge.

I hadn’t given it any more thought than that. I didn't know if I was going to try it, I didn’t know if I was going to tell Nick I had gotten it. It was just there, wrapped up and tucked in the back of the crisper drawer, and then forgotten.

Last night I was sitting quietly blogging away Nick and Mollie in the kitchen when Mollie shouts to me, “Mom your ginger root is still in here what are you planning to do with it?” 

Well to me it sounded like “Mom you left your dildo on the counter in here, do you want it.” Now if you have been reading here you know I am pretty good at thinking on my feet fending off Mollie’s questions. But my mind was totally numb. I knew I was blushing, I could feel it, but I was trying not to burst out laughing!

Unfortunately trying unsuccessfully to hold it back caused it to burst out more like a sob and Mollie ran in to see why I was crying. Of course I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my face. She wanted to know what could possible be so funny. I couldn’t come up with a thing. I just kept laughing and shook my head at her, which of course made her mad.

I really need to remember what Bonnie tried to say in one of her posts. A belt or hair brush on the couch is not a dead give away to the average vanilla person. I am sure some people cook with ginger. But I’m not some people! Would anyone out there be interested in a teenage? We could work out some kinda time share maybe. Think about it and let me know.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:12 AM

    ROTFLMAO @ you Elis! Lovely post. As I aid to Tiggr - I just cook with ginger, but maybe....

    I've tagged you here (make of it what you will!!)
    http://blog.sex-mad-witch.com/?p=62

    I hope you don't mind, 'cos I enjoy reading what you write!!

    Huggggggggsssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:36 AM

    I wish i was a ginger farmer. What a way to promote a product. I still giggle every time I walk by it in the grocery store and Adam is like "what?" .... I honestly don't think he has a clue.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elis,

    Here's your alibi...

    "It's served with sushi, which of course, YOU wouldn't like."

    The desired response is "Ewwwww!" followed by a quick change of subject.

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. To funny...what did Nick say? Did Nick know? You going to try the ginger or what?

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Theresa here... what WAS Nick's response... surely he knows about its uses (I know he reads a few blogs now and then...)! And this needed a definite spew warning! There's more than one way to spice your sushi... have you seen my post today?

    Hmmm, I need to find Nick... Nick? Nick? You here?

    Hugs and love and spice and EVERYTHING nice,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really like to be a male fly on the wall when you try the ginger PK.
    It certainly seemed to do something for our Tiggr.Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd really like to be a male fly on the wall when you try the ginger PK.
    It certainly seemed to do something for our Tiggr.Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see where those two sentences sounded exactly alike! Heh, that was too funny!

    So did you try it??

    I'm nosy ;-)

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:22 PM

    LOL! Bonnie's answer is probably better than "Peel it and shove it up my ass!" would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sky,
    I don't think I'll ever cook with it! I will definitely take the tag challenge in a day or two.

    Eva,
    I just can't pass them in the store either without a long look!

    Bonnie,
    I will have that in mind if it comes up again.

    Theresa, Tiggr,
    Nick was standing there when she said it. She was around most of the evening so we didn't discuss it.

    Paul,
    Careful, I have a fly swatter!

    Maggie,
    They sounded alike to me at the time! Did I use it, no. Am I going to I don't know, maybe, probably not, possibly, I haven't decided, there is a possibility, no, I'm thinking about it, maybe. Does that answer the question?

    anon,
    You have an excellent point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:18 AM

    Absolutely clear as mud ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So where IS your darling Nick???? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!! Come on, Nick, speak up man... please???? Some of us are even more eager to hear your reaction than anything!!!!

    Hugs to you both (and plenty of bounces and giggles)... I bought a big hand of ginger at the store today... it had just come in yesterday so it is VERY fresh! Anyone want a finger?
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are way too funny!!!! I will never look at ginger root the same again! Yes I have it in my fridge... but I cook with it! well... at least I did!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete