I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Trying again, I think - part two

Many might think emailing is a strange way for a married couple living alone to communicate, but it works for us. We each have time to think about what the other has said and give thought to our answers. Something I can't always do in a face to face, or even a hand to butt, conversation. You can check back here to the beginning of our exchange. 



Nick said:

I appreciate Liz’s arbitration and your acceptance that regardless of your assumptions you were amiss in acting without discussion. More on that later.

I think we agree that I’m not going to be looking over your shoulder and keeping up with your every move and telling you what to do.

I would prefer that you could view things with less of an all or nothing mentality.

I think we can still find ways to incorporate consequences but the challenges exist.

How can we have rules that are meaningful but are neither too difficult to achieve or too easy.  Can we create a situation where you are responsible for self-reporting in a way that gives me a hint.  For example “I didn’t meet my exercise objectives this week”.  Rereading the Corbin’s Bend story reminds me of the difficulty in matching my actions to your expectations. 


(I had asked him to re-read Returning to Us, my Corbin's Bend book to help him better understand what I have often thought and to show him what thought he was thinking/feeling.)

(This next part hurt me to read it, but it was true.)

Although I have frequently heard directly or indirectly how I have failed in our attempts, I don’t feel like I received enough guidance or positive reinforcement when I was on the right track. I realize that is difficult without “topping from the bottom”.  A situation where Liz could have been more helpful, perhaps.

With all that you have written to me or in your blog over the years have you ever considered how much was based on your needs and desires versus how things could be better for me?

All of this said, it leaves a lot of room for more discussion (communication).

Back to the original issues. Tell your Butt to buck up. 

I await your thoughts.

I answered myself this time rather than going through Liz.


My thoughts aren’t earthshattering, but I’m trying to view things differently. I spent the first forty-nine years of life with some degree of fantasy about TTWD. It all lived in my head and I was content. Then I got the courage to come out and for the next dozen years we played around with it – sometimes doing well, sometimes not so much. This last couple of years really we haven’t done much and I went back to living in my head. That’s comfortable for me.

Your willingness/desire to bring it back up intrigues me. I’m certainly willing to give it another go. And you are definitely right that I concentrated on my needs rather than yours. I guess what I’m trying to say now is that now this is now your ball game to direct. Maybe that’s what my tentative submission should have been doing all along. 

I have no desire to direct, coerce, manage, expect, lead, beg, force, pressure, explain, demand or plead. I think we live happier when we practice TTWD, but if it’s not part of my real life I can still find it in my imagination and we can go back to being a regular vanilla couple.

Please don’t take this as, “Do what you want! I don’t care.” I’m not saying that at all. I will do my best an enthusiastic participant. But I’m taking your lead, and trying not to have expectations. I’ve had my say through thirteen plus years of blogging. It’s certainly time for yours.

How do you see this going? I’ll answer questions and discuss things if you’d like. If you suggestion things I really don’t think I can live with,  I let you know. But whatever happens, happens. Whether you choose to do weekly maintenance or spanking only comes up every couple of months, whether it’s a few pop on the butt in the kitchen or you have me begging for mercy in the bedroom – it’s up to you. I have no specific expectation.

I think the boat has sailed as far as submission goes. I thought that was what I wanted for a long time, but I can’t recapture the feeling. I am willing to listen to my husband and try to honor as many of his requests as I can. I'm willing to accept the  consequences when I don't. I don’t really know what’s on the table right now as far as what you’d like me to do or not do. I guess you’ll tell me when you share your thoughts. Please be as specific as you can be.

Today was good. I appreciated the time for reflection and contemplation.

Love you

I'll share the last of this particular conversation soon. Probably Monday. 

10 comments:

  1. So wonderful you two are communicating like this again. It's interesting that he is bringing it all up again.....I'm sure he misses the intimacy and the kinkery of it.

    Storm and I started talks again recently and just talking about it got us all horny. LOL! Woo! Hoo!

    Looking forward to Part 3 !!! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely interesting that the conversation has begun again. And good for you all!

      Delete
  2. Hi Pk,I'm so glad you are communicating on TTWD again and agree, it's interesting Nick raised it again. It was Rick that re-raised it here too.

    I think Nick's reply raises an important issue, both partners need encouragement and positive reinforcement.

    Looking forward to part 3 :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick was right and we should all be more thoughtful of our partners. And I'm so happy you and Rick are revisiting TTWD also. We'd love to see you blog again.

      Delete
  3. PK,

    How amazing that Nick brought it back to the table and you guys are rediscussing it. Nick raises some great questions (I am sure most husbands would agree with this).

    I can't wait to read part 3.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they would agree too. Thanks for stopping by Boo.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing! I am truly learning things that could be helpful for us as we continue at our snail's pace - but continue nevertheless ;)

    I have to say that reading Nick's point of view has possibly given me a glimpse into my husband's brain. Seriously there should be classes for this. It's super confusing sometimes, even in the best of circumstances.

    After reading your exchange multiple times, it strikes me that there is a part of ttwd that is based on fantasy so when reality hits, expectations may not be met. I like your response - that you have no specific expectations. I imagine that reading that would be encouraging for him.

    I cannot wait to hear what direction this takes. I am rooting for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classes would be wonderful! Something else wonderful would be to understand our men better, not just wishing that they would understand us.

      You are definitely right that fantasy hitting reality can cause ripples. I appreciate your support we need to be here for each other.

      Delete
  5. Not sure if this is helpful, but I don’t really consider myself submissive, it’s never been something I’ve wanted. I’m just a bottom (and definitely a brat). But our TTWD works out pretty well most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Submissive - that's just not the real me ever if I sometimes wish it was. In fact of all the people I've met out here, I haven't met a true submissive yet!

      Delete