I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, March 26, 2018

When is it time to give up?



I’ve asked myself that question a lot over the past few months. We’ve been working at TTWD for over a decade. But when nothing, or very little, has happened that could be call TTWD for months and months – then I wonder, have we stopped?

Is this a lull or is it dead? If you’ve read here long, you’ve seen a pattern. Nothing for a while, then Nick will mention something and I get all excited and then within a few weeks it seems we’re back to nothing and without meaning to or wanting to, I sink into depression. Not serious depression, I know some who have serious problems with depression and that’s not me. But I get sad. Then I get quiet. Then I go away. Not physically, but I retreat into my own little world. I know others of you have mentioned doing the same.

I go quietly, almost silently and yet while I’m there I sometimes blame Nick for not noticing. Even though I leave no clues at all. Not very fair, huh?

Over the last few months I decided, on my own, that I was done. I was done fighting for something that wasn’t going to happen. I was done pushing poor Nick into a lifestyle that he never asked for and probably never understood. I love my husband more than he can know, but I decided I’d let this part of our lives go. I didn’t ask him or discuss it with him, I just decided in my heart that I wasn’t going to bring it up again – ever.

I was okay with my decision. I was sad for a while, but I took stock and we were okay. We’re together, we’re healthy, and things are calm and pleasant. Not a bad marriage of nearly thirty-five years.

But then Nick emailed. My heart didn’t soar this time when I read it. My thoughts were, No! I’m not doing this again. I just got back to okay. I’m not climbing to the peak only to plunge to the bottom again when it all stops.  ‘Okay’ was feeling pretty good.

In his email, he asked me about my weight change with in the past six months. He asked how I was doing with my sugar and how much I was exercised. I answered his questions but then I added,

“I answered your questions because I think any husband has the right to ask these questions of his wife. Not because they’re your responsibility. You are officially relived of that burden.

I went on to say, “It’s not that I’m withdrawing consent, I’m just accepting reality. I’m not interested in a game played once or twice a year. I’m not mad, I’m not upset and I think we’re good. Most couples don’t live the lifestyle and have long and happy marriages. You gave it a try and I love you for it! I know you are the best husband in the world and I tell people that often. This is not an email of bitching and moaning, it’s simply one acknowledging facts.

Another fact is that I love you.

There was more, but this is what it boiled down to.


I wasn’t sure how Nick would respond. I wasn’t sure he would respond, though I felt he probably would. He did. He acknowledged some mistakes and problems on his part. And he pointed out some seriously problems and mistakes that I had to accept responsibility for. He was accurate in his observations.

His final observation was, At this point I feel that you do in fact deserve a spanking for retreating silently and consider giving up.

Most of what I felt at that point was confusion – what I’ve always wanted vs. a mature well thought out decision to step back. I took twenty-four hours to think about what I wanted to say in my answering email.

I’ll post most of the email tomorrow.






24 comments:

  1. Oh golly PK, I don't know what to say. I am hoping that if he has to make a decision now it is the right one. I understand how you feel, it is really difficult to keep hoping for something they don't realise we need.
    hugs,
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't all this be easier if we could be completely happy with just a little slap and tickle? Why does it have to be so much a part of us.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, an unexpected response from Nick Goodness, I can totally relate to this and your confusion.

    It's hard when ttwd is peacemeal, stop/start. I don't know how many stops and starts we have had. After so long without ttwd Rick actually told me on the weekend that he would like to bring some aspects of ttwd back into our relationship. I too questioned whether I wanted to/could go there again. We are going to take things slowly and we will see where we go.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly is the only way. We don't want to lose it but starting back can be so scary when you believe its over. Good luck to you guys.

      Delete
  3. No answers or advice...not sure what I would do...so, just HUGS..abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. We'll have to see what works for us.

      Delete
  4. PK what a turmoil you are facing. It seems our gentle men spank because we want it not because they want it. It does become confusing when its not consistent. Hope you and Nick work something out to make you both happy. Good luck!
    Sending positive vibes your way.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew what would make us both happy. We're still emailing and that's helping.

      Delete
  5. I love that you and Nick are emailing. When there is something very serious that Sam and I need to talk about, I find it easier to get my thoughts down on paper. Many times when I bring up such a topic face to face, I lose my train of thought. Sam will need to say something, and then I don't finish baring my soul.

    You are a strong writer, and it seems natural that putting your thoughts into a cohesive note would be a good way for Nick to know what goes on in your head or heart.

    Glad you are taking this slow, my friend. I have never stopped hoping for you to find what you need, even when you have said you don't care anymore.

    Much love,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write way better than I talk when it's something important. I need to let the thought flow and then go back to see if that what I really wanted to say. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  6. OH, PK. I feel sadness creeping all over me. I've seen a change in you and recognize it from having gone through it myself. Of course we can live without it, but there is a real deficit felt. The decision to give up is so understandable but it's like cutting off an arm--something you need. It sounds like we'll hear more tomorrow so you don't need advice but I hope you can find a way. I've been married nearly 49 years and my man has finally GOT IT!! It can happen, I promise.
    Big hug,
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you all finally got working for you. For us, I guess we'll see.

      Delete
  7. I know you've talked before and find it easier to email Nick with your thoughts and questions but do you think it would help if you talked again, really talked face to face. I don't know, have no real advice. Just wished I did. Wishing you the best always.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think we do better in email. I just can't get the words out.

      Delete
  8. No words of wisdom - just hoping for the best for both of you. May you both get what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I wish for all of us out here.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:26 AM

    PK,
    These men are not mind readers and we must talk to them telling them what we want and why. You and Nick have a strong marriage and communicating is key. But you already know that. Talk again to him.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to talk when I really don't know what I want to say.

      Delete
  10. Wishing you all the best on getting what you want and need 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faerie. I hope the same for you.

      Delete
  11. Oh PK, ❤️
    That was quite a surprise from your loving Nick! I hope you don’t give up. You both are communicating via email, and that is really good. Here’s the thing that i think about- the written word is not the same as talking. One doesn’t know tone, passion, and can take words on paper in all kinds of ways. I know it’s hard, but one of the most important things about ttwd is trusting each other enough to open up and share intimately. That means when things are right, and when things are not. Not so easy at first. Maybe that will take lots of practice, and just short talks at first. It will get easier, the more you do it. I do hope this for you both! Your love for each other shines through! Many hugs and lots of love,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know why that is not as easy as it should be.

      Delete
  12. I wouldn't know what to think. Maybe it would be better to keep that mindset of it's not gonna happen, have no expectations, and then if it does happen, it's a pleasant occurrence, even if only a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sometimes if it's been forever and he fusses about something I go ballistic in my head - it's like "I've begged and begged you to be an HOH and you wouldn't. NOW you're going to try to tell me what to do and spank me? I don't think so!"

      Delete