I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Give up or move forward?

This is a deep plunge into my thoughts, you should probably start back here.

I wasn’t surprised by Nick’s email. But I wasn’t sure how to respond. I did email him back and I’m still not
sure I said anything right. It shouldn’t be so complicated at this age and with a marriage of over three decades. I’m the one making things difficult. If I’d never brought the whole TTWD up in the first place, we wouldn’t have this confusion. Of course, we’d just be pleasant roommates too.

Here's what I wrote in blue.


I think I’ve been very unfair to you. I mean this seriously, and I apologize. That doesn’t make me a horrible person, but I think I’m seeing it for the first time. I wanted real discipline without taking into account nothing I do on a daily basis warrants it. So, I’ve been making up stuff and trying to get you to make up stuff to ‘fit’ what I wanted, but you’re right, making it up just puts it in the ‘not real’ category. 

I’ve thought about this a long time, well fifty years to be honest, but I mean a lot lately as I’ve wondered if I should let it go. I was searching in my mind for what I really wanted out of TTWD. With all this emphasis on spanking, I realized that what I was really looking for was the closeness I’ve seen spanking bring to our marriage and to the marriages of the friends I blog with.

Spanking is a form of intimacy for me. When we first began spanking, I felt closer to you than at any time in our twenty-three years together. We talked, we emailed, we shared ‘looks’, we touched more, there was an awareness of each other that was the best thing I’d ever felt. I know that had its own honeymoon period that couldn’t last either – but I miss that as much, or more, than spanking.

You know there are many days when you tell me good-by as you leave in the morning, you then come home tired, we discuss politics for a half hour as you read various news sites on your computer, we watch TV quietly, then you tell me good night. And you know what? At our age, there’s nothing wrong with that – but it shouldn’t be every day. I think this is something we could both work on. We don’t need huge changes. Little things would do. Maybe a text or an email several times a week with just something we love or admire about each other. Maybe a pat on the butt when we’re out in public. I don’t know – just something. If only we could be consistent in remembering.

I fear becoming our parents – and I’m talking before they got sick. But both sets of parents seemed to ignore their spouse unless they were mildly complaining. I could be wrong, maybe they were tying one another to the bed and asses were getting spanked all over the place, when they got us out of the house, but I’m guessing not.

I want us to be the couple who holds hands occasionally when we’re out, who laughs and teases with each other, doesn’t mind the occasional kiss in public or a pat or pop on the butt. I want to be close enough that others see us as the happy older couple.

We both need to work on trying to be closer. I talk more, but as I've said, I'm hiding behind wall of uncertainty that keep me quiet on the subject. Nick come from a quiet family. Through example, if not by direct word they were taught not to discuss emotionally things and of course, to never hit a woman. Boy, I've screwed up what he grew up believing. Poor man.

As I told you yesterday, Nick said:

“At this point I feel that you do in fact deserve a spanking for retreating silently and consider giving up.”

And I answered him,

If you seriously want to keep trying for this lifestyle, think you’re probably right. I pretty much had decided to give up and without discussing it with you. I think I did give up. I wasn’t planning to bring it up again. I was ready to let us become the couple who lives together in peace while never ‘being with’ one another. It seemed the easiest way. I’m sorry I didn’t plan to fight for it harder.

In a separate email Nick, had said he felt I should also be spanked for my lack of effort in controlling my weight and other health issues, but that I now seemed to be uninterested. 

My answer in part was,

I’m not uninterested, but getting a real spanking once every six months or so with just a couple of pats in between can be both frustrating and a bit scary. I’m thinking ‘Are we doing this again?’ that plays with my emotions and I’m also thinking ‘can I take this? I haven’t been spanked in a long time.’


This may be straying from the point but I remember back when when we began, back when I could convince myself you were very serious about a spanking and it was the real thing – I could take anything. I was usually quiet as I absorbed it physically, mentally and emotionally. Even I marvel at some of the spankings I could take. But when it doesn’t seem real, when in my mind there is nothing serious behind it and you’re just doing it for kicks, because you know I like/need it, I become a wimp. Four or five good lick and I’m ready to call a halt to the whole thing. I guess these thoughts worry me. Which I’m guessing leaves you wondering, ‘do I spank her long and hard or do I go light to begin with’ – and I can’t tell you, because I don’t know.  How’s that for helping?


*footnote
Nick sent another email yesterday afternoon. He added a PS - 


  Don't worry about my hand, that's not what will be hurting!



41 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    I think it's so great you and Nick are communicating and I can relate to everything you have said. I really hope you come to a resolution that works for both of you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the way everyone communicated, but it works for us.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, life is so hard. I too feel like you a lot of the time. I think you must force the talking, it is the only way to resolve this. I have everything crossed that you both can get there. Don't give up just yet.
    much love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that we're talking. Don't you give up either.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi PK, sorry about the removed comment above... was meant for your earlier post...

    Good for you both on the communication! Important thoughts to your loving man.

    I’m still wishing for you to have a talk together. Maybe right in the middle of a politics check-in, you can squeak out a little sentence about ttwd, and see where it leads? Ask him a question about spanking that requires a bit of an answer? Try to stay the course and respond? Sound like he’s listening, and perhaps doing some hand exercises too. I hope that you keep on trying, and find that place that is just right for you both. Many hugs and love,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that a little - but honestly we're better at emails. I'll explain some day.

      Delete
  5. Hi PK I hope everything works out to make you happy again. Remember the key is communication, don't put up those walls.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, but old habits die hard.

      Delete
  6. First of all thanks for sharing all of this...you could be helping a lot of people. You are taking steps forward, and that is good...maybe something you will end up with is something that neither of you intended to begin with, but something that is right for both of you...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm helping someone. I wish they would say something. I guess if we do pull the plug on TTWD I'd eventually pull the plug on the blog too.

      Delete
  7. Deena8:15 AM

    This is such an amazing and honest exchange between you. Isn't it interesting that sometimes it is easier to write things out and let the other person take it in, rather than have a face-to-face conversation. I would bet that you both find a way to make whatever it is you both want - and need - work. The love you have for each other leaps off this page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love this man. I do think writing helps us both take the time to absorb what's being said.

      Delete
  8. If I think about all the times I have come to New Beginnings, your last 2 posts have been the most truthful and poignant ever.

    You are right about the closeness. It is as important as the spanking, for sure. I once tried to explain to Sam that before ttwd came into my life, I was not a complete person and never realized my own potential for happiness.

    Please remember that you made the title of your blog plural. You didn't say "New Beginning." You said "New Beginnings." Just because you have been blogging for years and writing books with spanking scenes, doesn't insure that this next beginning will be like a story. But I hope you will work hard toward that end. Please know how much you are loved.

    From the Heart,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting what you pointed out about the title - I'd never thought about it that way. I guess all couples that stay together do keep having 'New Beginnings'.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:00 AM

    PK,
    I love the communication here........... keep it going! There are always lulls and then thing do heat up......... you are talking..... well, emailing, and that is excellent. Keep it up.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll keep in up for now. I just wonder how long we can keep it going.

      Delete
  10. PK, this sounds so positive and promising. Your writing always inspires me to think about what it is I want, even though ttwd doesn't look for me as it does for you. Good luck ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faerie. You know I think writing is the best way to get things clear in your head. I know that's what I do.

      Delete
  11. PK, you have to keep the communication going. Don't go quiet and put up walls. I really hope everything works out the way you want it to.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Don't go quiet and put up walls." Tell me how to do this!!

      Delete
  12. Sending an 'Internet Hug' PK .... ((( )))
    .... You've been blogging in this world for a long time so you know what is needed here and you're both back doing it ... just don't stop. Even if you sit at opposite ends of the house and email back and forth, it's still called communication. You're a writer, you write ... if it works for you both, own it and make it your 'communication thing' ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying, I'm trying. I could write forever, but it's hard for me to convince myself he wants to hear it all.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. darn auto correct :(
      .... I'll bet he'd rather hear anything except silence ;>) ... xx

      Delete
    4. You may be right. I hope so.

      Delete
  13. Not that my opinion is worth a lot, but I am very encouraged by this. You are not going to change a lot at this point. We all suggest face-to-face talk but your gift is writing. So keep doing that. Your words are so honest and insightful. You are making every one of us look at ourselves and our own relationships. Thank you (as always). It IS that closeness we all want. My parents had that until my mother died. It was obvious they were lovers. I am grateful to have had their example.
    You know my story. I'm very happy right now but I know we can never stop working at it. The looks, the touches and all the play are so very important. You both clearly miss that and want to get it back. Deep down, I think you need some form of discipline along with the play. Don't settle. From what you say, I don't think you will. Compromise, yes. And don't let yourselves be one of those crabby old couples. Be lovers. Grab his hand everywhere-shopping, crossing the street, in church. Show that you need him and depend on him. Men like to be needed. You know all of this. Any changes have to come from inside you. It's a struggle for some reason but I believe you are up to it.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the dialogue this has opened up between us. Yes I do better with the written word. But it's still hard sometimes.

      Delete
  14. Nora Jean and Rosie made me think, PK! You know, they are right. Your gift IS writing, and you are exceptional at writing characters who are amazingly expressive... so much so that they jump right off the page, and give the reader a sense of really getting to know and love them. That is special! So are you!

    You know all of the things that will get you to where you want to be. You are doing it, now, with your loving man. Maybe one day that does include face to face. For sure, it sounds to me like there will be spanking. There is a lot of love around your place! You both will find your way! Many hugs and love,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a 'date' for Friday afternoon. Talking, spanking, loving, who knows.

      Delete
  15. I agree with a few of the others, whether you talk or write it’s communicating on a subject that is very important to you and that’s a good thing. There has to be some middle ground here between your needs and wants, and Nicks. You’ve been a couple for a long time and you love each other dearly so for
    that reason alone you keep trying to figure it out. You are both deserving of a close and loving relationship that satisfies you both. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we can do it, but we are bad to let it go and let it totally get away from us.

      Delete
  16. Me again. It's hard for you to believe he wants to hear it all? He does! He's the one who started this time! Tell him! EVERYTHING! Even if you don't tell us.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fantastic, open and honest exchange. You don't have to shoot for EVERYTHING... just shoot for better. For more intimacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just thought everything should come naturally after this long. It doesn't, you have to keep working on it.

      Delete
    2. That's so true though. We're 7 years in and it's work to make it work! Life gets in the way, you really have to make the time and effort. I hope it works out.

      Delete
  18. Referring to your post about crying...this post brought me nearly to tears (I said I cry easily). So much of what you said speaks from my heart as well...I can feel the emotions of my own story. I am glad you are both talking and planning dates and I am hoping that the two of you make it work so you find that closeness and intimacy you seek. I want that for you both. I know you have the love...I want you to have it all. Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love four both you and I to have everything!

      Delete