I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, October 16, 2017

The cane made all the difference

Since most of you know how I feel about the cane, I hoped I could entice you in with the title.  It’s so true, but it wasn’t really like the canes we sometimes talk about here. It was more like a stick. And Nick didn’t use it on me. I was the one using it.

Let me explain. Earlier this year Nick and I headed up in the mountains and he lured me on a hike in the woods.  Here’s what I wrote about it, complete with pictures, back in July.

We took a day to ride up into the mountains and I always enjoy that – the riding part. Hiking is not my thing. I can walk quite well on reasonable flat smooth ground.  Picking my want through toe snagging roots and climbing up rocks, not so much.

I desperately needed my walking stick, which I didn’t have but I did make it up one trail to a place Mollie had suggested. She said it was a short easy hike. She lied. I told her later, “Try this again when you’re sixty.” To which she replied “I will. And I’ll let you know what I think.” 

It actually wouldn’t have been all that bad if I had had that good walking stick and for all my complaining I’ve told Nick I’d go back with him again this fall when the leaves turn. It should be specular. Here are a few pictures of what I thought was a rough trail, but a great reward at the end.



We started with toe grabbing roots.


This was the smooth easy part.


These looked even steeper in real life and they
turned near the top to the left and kept going.  
Not fun going up or down with nothing to hold on to.

But I have to admit the view was incredible.
This is why I'm willing to try it again in the fall.




We went again this past Saturday. And I had my walking stick – that’s what made all the difference! It wasn’t like I was flying up the path or anything, but I did it! Nick was often far ahead. He’s in great shape and trots up those hills like a mountain goat. But he didn’t lose me and the view was still great. The clouds were hanging low in the valley giving it a whole different look and the fall colors are a little behind this year. 






I just wanted to show you I’m not sitting on my butt writing all the time. And I’m sure Ronnie will be pleased to know I’ve finally found a use for at least one kind of cane!





19 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures and I'm glad to see the cane made the difference! Now, for the "other cane". A girl can dream!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like a little action in that department, but maybe without the cane.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, good on you! I remember your original post and I'm glad you and Nick did the hike again and that the cane made all the difference.

    The views are sure worth it. Beautiful pics, thank you for sharing them.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I could take my time I think I did really well.

      Delete
  3. Hi PK, well done you. Glad you had fun.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures - I'm sure the view was worth the walk and glad the 'cane' came in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view really was great. Come see it sometime.

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful, PK. And I am proud that you got your exercise. You did fool me, though. I thought you were going to tell us that Nick finally embraced the cane.

    Ella Loves Fall, Too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes it better than I do, and he does use it on very rare occasions.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Hooray, PK!
    The reward of the hike is the beautiful view. You did well and you need to keep going. Do not stop.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never be a big exercise person, but occasionally I surprise myself.

      Delete
  7. What a spectacular area to walk, PK. Glad the stick made a difference to help you this time. Love all the photos, hope to see more when the leaves change colour.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha love it though I thought you meant the CANE at first until I saw the picture. Beautiful pictures PK. What views.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! How nice that the cane made a difference. I will have to remember that next time someone tries to get me to take a hike with them. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on having another go. Beautiful scenery.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, PK! Hiking sticks really can make a difference can't they. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi PK, :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! So glad that you enjoyed your hike this time. Walking sticks are incredibly helpful. Even though going up is tough, don’t you find that heading down, over that kind of terrain is harder? Glad you and Nick had fun. Cane to the rescue! LOL! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely...walking sticks are great for helping with balance I find...though because of my feet I haven't been able to hike with my family in a long time...hopefully by the spring I will be healed and ready to try again...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete