I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Home again, home again


My favorite picture of Williamsburg, drawn by my dad.

Nick and I headed to Williamsburg last week. Cassie always says this is one of her favorite spots on earth and I’m with her a hundred percent. The colonial city is restored to look as it did in the days when Washington, Jefferson and many others carved out the dream of a new country. You can walk the streets and talk to craftsmen in shops like the book binder,  printer, shoe maker, brick maker, cabinet maker, silversmith, blacksmith and many more. You can watch them making their craft. You are encouraged to ask questions and usually you could pick up and handle many of the items.




Our weather was perfect. Clear blue sky and temperatures in the low 70’s. I believe in reincarnation, always have and I’m firmly convinced that in one of my live I lived in Williamsburg. There is such a peace for me there and just wandering the streets is a joy for me.





Sadly, Nick wasn’t feeling too well. He’s been fighting allergies and possibly a cold in there somewhere for nearly a month. He was quiet and not really himself on the trip. Although when I asked him to take my picture in the stocks, this was the one he took.



We also saw some lovely items that would have made great souvenirs. But, although I hinted, he didn’t seem interested.




We took one day to ride over to Virginia Beach. I think that’s one of the best beaches ever. It you love wide, clean beaches you won’t be disappointed.





The trip was great I’m happy we went, but I’m equally happy to be back home!

25 comments:

  1. Hi PK, welcome home. The trip sounds wonderful and thank you for sharing the awesome photos. It definitely looks like somewhere I would love to visit. Your Dad's drawing is absolutely amazing.

    Sorry to hear Nick wasn't feeling the best but glad you had a wonderful time and that the weather cooperated.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy was an amazing artist and this was one of my favorites. You'd love Williamsburg. Nick seems a little better.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pk, That sounds like such a fun trip. Just our cup of tea too. We live near a beach just like that, only with our English weather! Sorry Nick is poorly, give him a hug from me.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him. I love jumping waves in the ocean and I was surprised that it was still pretty warm.

      Delete
  3. We visited Colonial Williamsburg many years ago, and I still wear the silver ring I bought at the Silversmith's shop. My favourite building was a home with a parlour where a dancing mistress was teaching a small girl and boy to dance the minuet.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it so! I love watching all the different craftspeople and going through the houses. I hope you can come back some day.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:06 AM

    PK,
    I love Colonial Williamsburg too!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time and are safe at home again. Hope Nick feels better and that it is just allergies - it's been a bad season here too. Tell him to get it checked out?
    Have you ever thought about being regressed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be home too! I've done one regression - very interesting.

      Delete
  6. Welcome home. Happy you had a great time. I remember you tell me about Williamsburg. Sounds like a place we would love to visit and that beach would be perfect. Hope Nick feels better soon. I agree with SG, tell him to visit the docs.

    Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be talking to the wind for all he'd pay attention to me. Tell P this is where he should visit in the states and I'll come join you.

      Delete
  7. Welcome home, PK...sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Sending prayers and healing energy for Nick...hope he gets to feeling better soon.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice - no pressure, just the two of us. We didn't feel the need to push ourselves.

      Delete
  8. Welcome home PK. Looks like such a lovely holiday,thanks for sharing your photos. Sending positive healing vibes to Nick for a speedy recovery.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful place for photographers!

      Delete
  9. I've always wanted to visit there! It's what most "open air" museums are modeled after. Glad you had a great time and it's a pity Nick didn't take you up on at least one of those lovely souvenirs. Isn't home one of the best places to be???
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One part of me is really sad he didn't seem to want any of them - that part is not my ass! I hope you'll go sometime. It's really great.

      Delete
  10. What a great trip. Should have brought home some souvenirs though. Lol Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi PK!:) So glad that you and Nick had a nice trip. I'm sorry that he wasn't feeling well. Hope that he feels better soon. I am glad that you were still able to enjoy.

    Thank you for sharing the lovely photos. Looks like a great place to visit! I love the beach- anywhere I can find one. Beautiful! Your Dad's drawing is so special! What a treasure to have. He was such a good artist!

    I LOL'd at Nick's photo of you in the stockade. That man has spanking genes! I just know it. You must have been good because he let you out. HA! Cool pics of kitchen... um... implements! I'm guessing that you have a mighty fine collection. Now you know what you can add on your next trip there. Glad that you enjoyed, and are back sfe and sound! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great and I'm still glad to be home. The picture was fun and the closest we got to TTWD on the trip.

      Dad was a great artist and I love having all his picture!

      Delete
  12. Glad you had such a fun time! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love Williamsburg I've been there many times and my eldest sister went to William and Mary just down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a terrific drawing. I too love Williamsburg, especially during Grand Illumination. EL

    ReplyDelete