I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Nick's Email

We’ve had the ‘un-official’ end of summer. I can’t wear my white pants anymore. Nick is talking about closing the pool for the season. Everyone is back at school but me. I guess the only thing that bothers me about all this is packing away the white pants, they’re very comfortable. I like summer but I always like a good change of season and we do live in a beautiful spot to enjoy fall.

On the TTWD front I got a very interesting email from Nick last week. He wrote:

Utilizing your vast experience in evaluating and grading performance....

Produce a report card on your week's performance.
Include the following performance areas:  

1. Amount and quality of exercise for general health
2. General housekeeping
3. Special projects
4. Progress on weight loss goals
5. Proper bedtime 
6. Other concerns (optional)
               
Remember this is not an institution where breathing is sufficient to get a passing grade.

Your card will be reviewed (probably tomorrow).

The "board of education" will be involved as necessary.



Although I didn’t necessarily think I should be the one doing the grading I went along and sent back the following:

1. Amount and quality of exercise for general health    C-
2. General housekeeping   B+
3. Special projects   A +   Cassie book was accepted (Does this count?)
4. Progress on weight loss goals   D
5. Proper bedtime     (goals were not made clear)
6. Other concerns (optional) Specific expectations should be made clear before grading.

As he looked it over later he told me I’d better be glad I’d gotten that book accepted, because otherwise my grades mostly stunk. He reminded me that I’d always told the kids only A’s and B’s were acceptable because I knew they were capable. We discussed the good and bad of the report card and talked about ways to bring up my grades. 

I explained to him that I’d always been a hard grader and that he should be the one grading. It didn’t do me much good and the ‘board of education’ did come into play.

The weather was great Monday morning so I went walking, it easier when the weather cools. So we’ll see. And I have a clarification on a reasonable bedtime. Of course, mostly it’s just nice knowing he’s paying attention. We’ll see how this week goes.

22 comments:

  1. Oh good gravy, PK...if I was graded on general housekeeping, I would be meeting the board of education on a regular and very painful basis...I'm just pure D allergic to housework. ;) Happy Nick is paying attention and congrats on getting your new Cassie book accepted. I'm sure it's every bit as good or better than the previous ones.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate house work - so much so I retired and got a cleaning lady. Since she comes twice a month, and it's just the two of us now, I can usually keep things looking pretty good. And i do make my bed every day.

      I love this book.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, Oh well I suppose he is learning! I would have got the same D as you. My A would have been housekeeping, how sad is that!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'd EVER get an A in house keeping.

      Delete
  3. I love this. Good for Nick. I'd get a D for housekeeping at the moment:( Congrats on your new book.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! House keeping would be okay if you could do it and it was over - but it keep needing a redo.

      Delete
  4. Hi PK, congratulations on getting the book accepted! That is awesome news :)

    Oh gosh, writing your own report card. House work for me would be an A lol. OCD here! Reasonable bed time however, now that would be a D.

    As Cat said, glad Nick is paying attention :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that he's paying attention - it's definitely good for our marriage. I could use a little OCD here.

      Delete
  5. Happy to see that your latest book was accepted! I would not have enjoyed the self grading aspect, but I love his creativity. I'm with Cat allergic to cleaning, but mainly because kids undo things so quickly around here its hard to keep up!

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is NO reason to clean when you have kids at home. Just plan on giving it a good cleaning when the youngest heads to college. Until then, don't worry.

      I think you'll like this book.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the book...and Nick gets an A+ for creativity....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby. He has been paying more attention.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:31 AM

    PK,
    Yikes! Nick is turning up the heat! Stay calm and live those expectations. It makes sitting a lot easier.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some I can handle and others seem to defeat me. Glad Nick cares.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the book acceptance. That's great news. If you are going to excel in any class, that is a pretty impressive one. :) The board of education, huh? Glad Nick is paying attention. Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought home an old paddle from school when I retired - no I never used it, I got it from an old teacher. Haven't had the nerve to show it to Nick yet. But I still may.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the new book being accepted, can't wait to read it. Oh my writing your own report card. My man has set a bed time for me which is very early yet its making me feel so much better. Hopefully you earn A's in all areas before too long.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're going to like the new book. I know I should go to bed earlier but it's hard to make myself. I hope Nick continues to help me.

      Delete
  10. Just when you think you know Nick backwards and forwards, he comes up with this. Truly loved his idea. I really needed a smile today, and Nick's report card did the trick.

    If I was doing a parent conference on this report card, I would tell Nick that #s 1 and 4 need a lot more effort. Also, that I heartily endorse the use of the board of education.

    Love,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, sure I liked it too, but it made my butt sting! Glad it gave you a smile.

      Delete
  11. Leigh Smith10:26 AM
    You have my permission to keep wearing those white pants/shorts. Congrat on the acceptance - you knew they were going to to do it. Nick is clever - lots of thought went into that report card. B+ on the general housekeeping - what happened? Did the cleaning lady come early? lol
    Reply
    Replies


    PK2:47 PM
    Mollie is the only one who cares about white pants after Labor day and so I'll probably keep wearing them.

    Now remember on the house-keeping, all I have to do it keep it straight between housekeeper's visits. I can usually handle it.




    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be a hard grader on myself too. If there was a category for napping...I would get an A+ :-) It is really sweet that he paid attention to you and took time to notice...and hope the board of education approves of all progress and efforts made... Hugs

    ReplyDelete