Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bet paid off


Sunny and I bet on the Super Bowl this year. Sunny for the Broncos and me for the Panthers. As I was getting my butt scorched I was trying to remember exactly how I’d gotten to that point. I think it was all Sonny’s fault – yeah, that’s it. It was all her fault! I remember now – she text me, demanding we bet. I tried to beg off, but no she insisted.  I think she had insider information. I think she paid off the refs. Anyway that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Anyway I got a text from Nick yesterday morning saying we had something to take care of that evening – he didn’t want anyone to say he was married to a welcher. The rest of the text went something like this.

Nick: What was that final score, 40-24?

Me: I think it was 6 to 12. Maybe 3 to 6 I can’t remember exactly.

Nick: If you can’t remember then I’ll go with my best recollection.

Me: I’ll look it up! Of course a long GENTLE warm up is always welcomed.

Nick: Bamboo backscratcher?

Me: No, no! Sonny got to pick the implements. She did NOT pick the backscratcher. Only the think paddle, the doggin bat and the belt.

Nick: That doesn’t count warm ups.

Me: Should I take care of any sitting down I have to do before this evening?

He did use all three and even the terrible, horrible game paddle Sonny gave me this past summer – worst gift ever! But all and all it was a lovely afternoon. A great spanking and all the trimmings. Bet paid off and a smile on my face.

Written by PK at 7:00 PM

18 comments

18 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Eric51 Amy49 said...

Now that is the way to watch a Super Bowl! Sorry for your loss but congrats on your gain. ;) Amy

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger an English Rose said...

Hi PK, I bet Sunny was jealous, worth a loss to get such a win!
love Jan,xx

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger DelFonte said...

So pleased the super bowl worked out well for you!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger abby said...

A wonderful to make the game much more interesting when your favorite team is not playing...now to find another event to wager on...
hugs abby

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Ella said...

Quite the payoff! Beats leftover buffalo wings in my book. All 3 implements? Please give Nick my compliments.
I love Abby's idea of another event. March Madness is on the horizon.

Ella

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Leigh Smith said...

It was not my idea. I think Nick should spank you again for lying. Just remember, I have the proof.

Actually Jan is right, my pristine ass is a little jealous, - happy my team one though. Glad you are a good sport and that Nick isn't married to a welcher. I think Cam could use a spanking though for being such a pouty little boy - he found out he wasn't Superman after all.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Rosie Jones said...

I don't understand the scoring but it's plain the loser won. Happy to hear you had a smile on your face, you've had a lot to put up with lately.

Rosie xx

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger ronnie said...

A bet like that certainly makes a game more interesting. So what was the score?

Love,
Ronnie
xx

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger PK said...

I really was in a win-win situation.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger PK said...

I'm sorry the Panthers lost - but there were perks.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger PK said...

I may become a sport fan after all.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger PK said...

The world does team with possibilities.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger PK said...

Nick LOVES to use a variety of implements. When my birthday rolls around he uses a different one for each decade.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger PK said...

You sure it wasn't your idea? Oh well. Nick didn't seem to mind at all.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger PK said...

Thanks Rosie, it was a smiling afternoon.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger PK said...

It was 10 to 24 so the total of 34 was too low for Nick - it was a long warm up.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Terpsichore said...

sounds like a fun way to lose :-)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Wasn't happy to see the Broncos win and I agree...someone paid off those blasted refs a few times! But happy you're not a welcher and paying off your bet was so enjoyable for you. Maybe you and Sunny should make a few more bets. ;)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photobucket
This Site Best Viewed in Firefox