I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Vaccines and other medical stuff

I guess I’m as protected as I can get these days. Several weeks ago I got my second Covid booster. That makes four vaccines/boosters in all. Then on Monday I got my big girl (old lady) flu vaccine. I didn’t feel so great Tuesday. The flu shot seemed to catch up with me about twenty-four hours after I took it. I felt achy and sleepy and just a little off. But it only lasted about six hours and I’m happy for the protection.

 


The doctor’s final word after the sleep test was that I have to get a cpap machine. I am NOT happy. However, the test showed that my blood oxygen was going down to 74% as I slept and that’s just too low. So late next month I have another study at their clinic. They will show me how to use the darn thing and make sure it’s actually helping. They said that their rooms are set up much like hotel room with a TV and cable, private climate control and a private bath.

 

I asked if I could bring my own pillow and they said certainly, I could bring anything that I thought would help me sleep. They’re going to be surprised when I show up with Nick and at least one cat.


The wedding we attended was fun. Not as good as the one we attended three weeks ago – because all my kids were at that one. But it was good to see some different members of the family at this one. 

 

*Note: Three of my cousins came to the group breakfast with stupid looking strap marks on their faces where they had worn those crappy straps from the cpap machine. Not that I’m still bitter or anything.

 

Here's most of us all dolled up for the wedding.





8 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    I too am as protected as I can be with 4 covid plus 1 flu jabs. I have only recently properly returned to the office after working from home and that means using the train. I'm not sure I feel totally comfortable, especially since all mask requirements etc have pretty much gone, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Glad you had a lovely time at the weddings and the opportunity to catch up with different family members. I love your outfit and jewellery!

    I am so sorry the news from your doctor wasn't what you were hoping for. I was wondering. I hope the in-clinic study goes well and that you are able to tolerate the dreaded machine. I honestly don't know how anyone is supposed to be able to sleep hooked up to one. Perhaps that's how they work..you don't sleep lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, I hope it works out the best possible for you.

    I would totally take Nick, one of the cats and anything else you fancy with you!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the idea of taking Nick and the cat too! My sister has been sleeping with one of these machine for 14 years and has no problem with it at all. Maybe she'll give me tips.

      I wish you could still work from home if you wanted to. I hope the train rides are safe.

      Delete
  2. PK - I was hoping you wouldn't have to have the machine. Hope all goes well. We are booked in to have our 2nd boster in a couple of weeks. I had my flu shot last week.

    Glad you enjoyed the wedding. Love the outfit. Flat shoes?

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm disappointed it turned out this way. I just hope it helps. And yes, flat shoes are all I own.

      Delete
  3. Hi PK,

    The flu shot isn't available here yet, but I have had my fifth covid jab.

    Sorry to hear about the cpap. They can't be fun to wear.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange we've only had 4 covid jabs. But we do have the flu shot. I'll let you know how the sleeping goes once I get this thing.

      Delete
  4. I almost spat my drink out imagining you showing up with Nick and a couple of cats!

    Glad you're caught up with shots. I'm waiting till they allow the under 50s to get our 4th jabs then head to the clinic. At the moment they're concentrating on the 50s and ups. Hopefully we'll be getting the bivalent vaccines by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they wanted me to be comfortable when I slept! I hope you can get your shot soon.

      Delete