I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, October 04, 2022

One Bad Night

I’m just about tired of medial test. Again, I feel great. If you go by how I feel then there’s nothing wrong. My BP is a little high. We’re changing my meds to see what works best. My doctor thinks that there is something wrong with my breathing. She keeps talking about a c-pap machine as a strong possibility. 

 

But I don’t think I have sleep apnea. I don’t snore, I don’t wake up with a sudden jerk like I’d stopped breathing all I do is wheeze a little. But still she insisted on a sleep study. I was happy to hear I could do it at home. 



But that was a horrible night. It was time to go to bed. I had something strapped around my chest. I had something attached to my finger and I had tubes up my nose. And the lights on the chest strap kept blinking. And honestly none of that really bothered me. What bothered me was that I could not go to sleep. All the apparatus was a little annoying, but it was my brain continuously telling me I had to go to sleep that was driving me nuts. It was a long and horrible night. But evidently, I slept enough for them to get some reading. I have a telephone visit with them on the tenth to tell me the results. The other tests have hinted that I’m not getting enough oxygen at night.



I feel like my heart rate is low at night. According to my watch, it often goes down to thirty-seven beats per minute during the time I’m asleep. I want some answers, but I feel like it’s just going to lead to more tests. I’m about ready for results. 

8 comments:

  1. Hi PK, I don't blame you being fed up and now wanting answers. At least the sleep test is now done. I honestly don't know how anyone is supposed to sleep attached to all that apparatus! I can just imagine too, your brain going into overdrive "you must sleep, you must sleep..."

    I hope the results bring you some answers.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain was my biggest problem that night. But I'll be talking with the doctor Monday.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    long time PK!

    I hope the tests are done and they come back saying you are fine. tests aren't fun!

    My heart rate dips to the 40s when I sleep too, apparently a thing in my family (high 30s etc). Works for me. As long as I wake up!

    I hope all is well otherwise!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is not working right. I answered my comments but they didn't publish. Sorry to be so late in answering. I agree with you - as long as I wake up I'm okay with everything. There is just that slight fear that I won't!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:39 PM

      Well, I don't think I would recommend not waking up! that would be bad.

      I hope the answers are that you are fine!

      boo

      Delete
  3. It's good that you are getting the tests. Hope all come back fine.
    I don't sleep very well at the best of times, so I know I wouldn't sleep at all with one of those devices strapped to me.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually such a good sleeper. This was a really rough night for me. I hope they can give me some good results.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get answers soon and that all is well. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete