I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, October 22, 2018

A little of our trip

I’m finally home and I sure hope it stays that way for a while! The trip for the funeral was smooth, but still tiring. I got to see cousins from five states and DC. We all had some good talks and I met one cousin’s wife and his nineteen-year-old daughter for the first time. Not one argument, not even a snide comment was heard – I still think it’s an amazing family and I’m proud of how well we all get along.

I want to tell you a little about our trip, not a vacation mind you, but a wonderful trip. Nick doesn’t take vacations. I vacation with a few blogging friends whenever I can. On vacations we eat, talk, eat some more, talk some more, nap and drink. These things take place in our rooms, around the pool or on the beach. Nick doesn’t really believe in vacations, but our trip was spectacular!

We started by flying to Salt Lake. Even someone unfamiliar with the place could tell the water levels of the lake were extremely low, yet it was still beautiful. 






We left for Arches National Park the next morning and I do hope people it this ‘dry’ region were thankful for the rain we brought. Driving in this area brought us eastern many unusual sights – mostly wide opened spaces and very strange mountain formations. For one thing, our mountains have trees – these mountains were naked!






Arches was amazing even in the rain. I was able to do some of the trails for some good pictures. 






Still I refused to allow Nick another attempt at my life and I didn’t go with him on the two mile hike for this next picture. He did tell me when he returned that I’d made the right choice by staying in the car. The hike, he told me, would have been treacherous in good weather, but the rain had made the rock particularly slick and dangerous. All the pictures I’m posting are mine except for this one. It’s Nick’s favorite of the trip.


If you don't mind more pictures come back in a few days.

22 comments:

  1. Welcome back, PK! Who took that last picture, holy cow it's amazing! And the others are wonderful, too..... is there a name for the "double phallus" one? LOL! Glad you didn't make that last 2 mile hike! Yikes!! Happy you are both home in one piece! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick took the picture. He's a great photographer! I took the rest. I definitely know where your mind is! I sure am glad to be home.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, wow, the photos are amazing! Thank you for sharing these. So glad you had such a wonderful trip and that the trip for the funeral was smooth.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only like pictures with people, but the area was so pretty.

      Delete
  3. Welcome home. These pictures are amazing, thanks for sharing and yes for more pictures please. Happy you had a wonderful trip and the funeral went well.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have more that I think you'll like.

      Delete
  4. PK, I am so glad everyone got along for the funeral. Even though funerals are hard, it's such a blessing to have fond memories of the day later on, isn't it? And wow, those photos are amazing! Thank you for sharing them with us. :)
    EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family always gets along well - I'm so very lucky. I'm glad you like the pictures.

      Delete
  5. PK, how wonderful to have a family you like and get along with!

    I am glad you stayed safe in the car, but I do love Nick's picture! What a lovely area!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture too - but my knees are just not up to climbing these days.

      Delete
  6. Glad you're home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Arches is one of the most beautiful places in this great land. What a show of Gods handywork. I also came from the east and witnessed a completely different landscape. thanks for bringing back some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely. It was absolutely amazing! God created very diverse landscapes in our country. So different, but so beautiful!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous pictures. Makes me almost want to travel! So glad you had such a great time. I'm looking forward to more pictures.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything we saw was so beautiful. It was hard to take a bad one.

      Delete
  9. If your Nick doesn't take "vacations," he certainly does a beautiful job with a camera! Lovely trip so far. Can't wait to see the rest.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is good at what he does.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous11:44 PM

    PK,
    I loved that you take trips with Nick and vacations with your blogging friends. Don't we though! Your trip presented a whole new world. Great post!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great. I'm still a home body, but I really enjoyed myself.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing your trip/vacation pics, PK .... call it whatever you may, Frank and I would love to get away together for more than just a weekend. These days we travel vicariously ... which means I'd love to see more pics of your travels :) ... nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NJ - it's actually the longest we've been away from home in our marriage and if you count college as having two homes, Nick had never been away that long. We did have a good time!

      Delete