Last week was great. We had our reunion and then on to the lake with family. I'm back and tired. But I didn't want to miss this meme. Thanks, Ella!
1.Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
Almost any song if I’m in the mood to cry.
2. What is your favorite shade of lipstick? What about nail polish? If you do not wear lipstick or polish, what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?
I’m pretty much a ‘live and let live’ on this. Most people look fine wearing both. As long as they don’t insist I wear either, we’re good.
Definitely not me!
3. Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.
Of course everyone knows ‘You are my Sunshine’ but I still love it and remember Mama and I singing it to one another. I see it’s currently being used in a horror movie and I resent that.
4. What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed? Something in which you think you look pretty damn good!
I don’t really have a go to outfit. In the summer, it’s shorts and tee shirt. I’m comfortable and happy. If we’re going out I usually put on something a little nicer.
5. If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?
Definitely the mountains. We’re close to the mountains and we’d use it often. The beach is quite a drive and Nick not wild about the beach for long stretches.
6. If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a "thing" for? If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.
No question about this one. George! He is very memorial to me because I had my first sex dream ever about him. I would have thought Paul or John, but it was George who showed up in the dream and I still remember.
7. Name a smell that you love - could be kitchen, outdoors, person, your choice.
I love smelling the honeysuckle and hyacinth – both smell like spring time.
8. How often do you defuzz your legs. Wax, razor, or electric?
I use a razor, but I don’t need to often.
9. How/why did you choose your blog name?
That was pretty easy. Nick and I had been more like roommates for a couple of decades, we loved and respected one another, but there was little passion. When I came out to him, twenty-three years into our marriage, everything changed. It was definitely a New Beginning for us.
10. What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Coffee or tea?
I usually have a sausage biscuit, sometime I throw an egg in. I’ve never liked tea, but I fix a cup of coffee when I head out to start writing for the day.
11. How many siblings do you have? Or are you an only child? Are you the oldest, a middle, or the youngest child?
I have one older sister.
12. What is your favorite salad dressing?
I like Ranch for dipping – wings, pizza, whatever. But if I’m eating salad, and that’s rarely, I like Thousand Island.
13. If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?
I like the simple things in life. I’d probably pick LJ. I get to see Mollie all the time and I only get to see LJ once or twice a year. I do love talking to LJ. I think stars, celebrities in general would intimidate me so I’ll stick with my son.
14. Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
Not really, shopping’s fine and I often enjoy it. But it’s not my go to for cheering up.
15. If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?
I rarely lose my temper. My flashes of temper come when Nick snaps at me for no reason – maybe I’ve misheard him or something and he bites my head off. It’s rare but it flies all over me! And even then, no one knows how angry I am but me.
16. Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.
It’s one of my mom and Dad kissing about two weeks before she passed away.
17. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?
Skinny dipping or chunkydunking, what ever, but yes I have and I LOVE it. Mostly in our pool, but once in a lake. It is a wonderful feeling.
You know last year I went to the beach
with Sunny, Katie, Terps, Ella and Meredith
this may have been some of us. Then
again, maybe not.
18. What do you like on your pizza? What don't you like on your pizza?
Hamburger and bacon are my favorite and I like most meats. I don’t like Canadian bacon, peppers, or pineapple.