I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Doctor visit


                      

I went to the doctor yesterday for a routine checkup. I’m so happy to say I got all good news. She’s happy with my diabetes control, my A1c, my blood pressure and everything else she checked. I’ve had to come in every three to four months for the several years I’ve been going to see this doctor – but this time she said I didn’t have to come back for six months. I have to agree with her, I’ve been feeling great and I’m glad it showed. I have been getting my exercise in. I do a fifteen-minute chair yoga in the morning and usually a thirty-minute senior exercise in the afternoon. I find all these workouts on YouTube, so I don’t have to leave the house.


Roz asked me about the Cpap that I was struggling with a while back. Things have changed – I still hate the thing, but not as much. I never thought I really needed it and I kept complaining to the sleep doctor about it. 


Since I’d lost weight since I first started using it, she agreed to let me do another sleep test. And the results were… I don’t need it anymore! I was thrilled with the news, though she went on to say that she still thought it would be good for me to keep using it. That has really made all the difference. I wear it nearly every night, but if I don’t fall asleep right away and it starts bugging me, I just take it off. I don’t have to worry about traveling with it. To comply with the insurance company, you have to wear it at least four hours per night. I’m usually in bed by midnight so if I wake any time after four off it comes. The only benefit I really see is that I don’t wake up and have to go to the bathroom as often. So basically, not having to wear it has made me much more willing to wear it.

 

I’m headed off this week to visit my sister and we’re going to a play – Mama Mia! They have season tickets and her husband didn’t really want to go and I did. She’s got my book ready to publish so we’re only waiting for a cover. I’m still hoping to maybe get it out by the end of October. Fingers crossed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    I'm so happy to hear all is well and the DR visits are being r educed. I've seem chair yoga ads and they seem to be really easy and kind to your joints. I must try them.

    I saw Mamma Mia! in Toronto years ago - a wonderful show!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Wow PK, that is fantastic news! Good on you for doing the hard yards to get these great results. It must be such a great feeling, especially after the struggle to get the BP under control initially.

    Very happy to hear you don't have to use the CPAP now. It makes sense that you are more willing to use it now that you don't have to but it's awesome that you don't have to worry about it, for example when travelling.

    Woohoo!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete