I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Protecting your spouse

I guess right from the time you marry, you know it’s your job to try and protect your spouse. I believe Nick’s job is much easier than mine. I mean I rarely fall from my recliner. 



The only warning he’s likely to have to give is, “If you don’t get off the computer, phone or tv you’re going to strain your eyes.” My job tying to protect him is much more difficult.

 

I feel like he is nearly always in danger at work. He often works alone, the owner and his wife travel often. So he is in this large building, often up on a 12 foot ladder working on something. There are dangerous machines around, chemicals, and just dozens of ways to hurt himself and so often no one there to know if there is an accident. That’s my work worries.

 

This is the way I picture it.

There are other worries at home – lawn mowers, chain saws, band saws, and any other tools you can think of. I thought I’d gotten him to agree to only go up on the roof when I’m home – making for a faster call to 911 if necessary. But when I told a group of friends about this agreement, he gave them a look that said, ‘That’s what she thinks.” So, who knows.


The other day I fell he was in a reasonable safe place as he headed off to play nine holes of golf. I was wrong. He was finishing up, putting some extra balls in his bag when one got away from him and bounced across the cart path. Institutively Nick leaped to grab it on the first bounce and in doing so leaped right into the path of an oncoming golf cart. It hit him squarely and sent him flying. His hip was bruised from the impact, and he managed to scrape his ankles, knees, elbows and palm as he went sprawling.

 


Nick’s dad lived to be a hundred. Health wise, Nick could probably do the same if I can just keep him from breaking his neck. My current plan is to keep him wrapped in bubble wrap. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:11 AM

    Hi PK, oh dear, glad Nick wasn't too badly hurt and hope he recovers quickly from the scrapes. Just when you thought he would be relatively safe. Ironic. I guess you just never know where danger may lie.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danger is everywhere I guess. He's doing fine thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear he did not get seriously injured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK, glad to hear Nick's ok. Thank good ness it wasn't more serious.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man's old enough to look both ways before jumping across a road! He was really lucky.

      Delete
  4. Deena8:13 AM

    Bubble wrap works! This is definitely a generalization but I’ll say it anyway 😉: think men have a more difficult time giving up the way they do things and/or making accommodations for age. Not sure there is much you can do. At least he knows your concerns and hopefully he is safety-minded. What else can ya do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I told Mollie when I'm long gone and she is trying to care for him to tell him if he can't wait for her to help, she'll do one of two things: visit him in the hospital or give him a nice funeral.

      Delete