I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Non-traditional Thanksgiving

After saying in my LOL post that I wanted to try and post about three times a week, I realize that's difficult these days. There is not a lot of spanking going on around our house. We don’t go anywhere and we don’t see anybody. Doesn’t make for fantastically exciting posts. But then, when has that ever stopped me?



Not this year!

 

We won’t be seeing Nick’s family for Thanksgiving this year but it was our Sunday to cook for his dad this past weekend. Little old me fixed, fried/baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans, corn, carrots, cooked apples and a pumpkin/angel food cake from a receipt Rosie Dee sent me. Delicious!

 

Mollie planned our Thanksgiving menu this year since it’s only the three of us. Turkey isn’t her favorite, so we are having crab legs, shrimp and steak, along with a variety of sides and pumpkin pie. I’m just so happy we get to see her.



Strangely, I couldn't find a picture of crab legs 
and pumpkin pie together.

 

Although March is blogland’s traditional question and answer month, I’m searching for blogging ideas all the time. If anyone does have a question or suggestion for a post please leave it in the comments or email me (elisspeaks@yahoo.com). I can pretend to be an expert on nearly any subject (except cooking and laundry), so ask away. 

12 comments:

  1. Hi PK, good on you cooking for Nick's dad, it sounded delicious!

    I'm sorry you won't be able to see Nick's family for Thanksgiving this year. It will surely be a different Thanksgiving for many. Glad you will be celebrating with Mollie though and hope you have a wonderful time.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as Mollie's here it will seem special. And I have lots to be thankful for.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK,
    I’m glad you liked the pumpkin angel food cake. Easy and good and usually acceptable for diabetics—a nice plus for so many of us who like a little sweet at the end of a meal.
    Your dinner with Mollie sounds like fun. I’m not a seafood lover but the steak would be great for me. I heard that only large turkeys are available because this year no one is having company to eat it up. I will probably get one, roast it and freeze several packages for dinners later.
    I liked your LOL posts last week. I’m glad you’re still blogging, too.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! I like both sea food and steak, but I'm not big on crab legs - too sweet for my taste.

      I'm glad I'm still blogging too.

      Delete
  3. Love Molly’s menu! Crab, shrimp and steak are a great change!
    Sorry you won’t have the traditional family dinner, but wonderful seeing Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really upset about not seeing everyone, we'll have a big Thanksgiving next year.

      Delete
  4. PK, Happy Thanksgiving. Happy you will get to see Mollie and love her choice of menu.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure, as usual, that we'll all eat too much.

      Delete
  5. We're not turkey fans either. We're doing lobster, asparagus rice and cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds good too! Except for the asparagus, of course.

      Delete
  6. Hey PK, any chance you want to come and cook for me too? That sounds yummy!

    I'm sorry it is a small Thanksgiving but thank you from the bottom of my heart for staying home.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, but you know I didn't do too much of the cooking. That was mostly Mollie and Nick!

      Delete