I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, June 08, 2020

Celebration anyone?



Me, I’m not big on celebrations. They’re fine and I often enjoy them, but you need to keep them small for me. We have had two thing worth celebrating over this past weekend. The first was our 37th wedding anniversary. Thirty-seven years, where does the time go? There are a few restaurants opening around us, but I wasn’t that excited about going to any of them. I’m not really worried about catching something. I’m just not quite ready yet. I hadn’t even been out anywhere to buy a card. So I wrote Nick a little letter – which he said was better than a card anyway. Here’s part of the note.

Happy Anniversary honey,

I decided to write instead of a card. You know I’m not that wild about celebrations. I like ordinary days the best. I like you telling me good bye in the morning, although you do forget at times. (I don’t think he’s ever forgotten, but sometimes I don’t really wake up and I always accuse him of not remembering.)  I like you coming and sitting with me in my writing room when you get home. I like both of us being comfortable with silence when we’re home together. I like getting supper ready, bumping into one another in the kitchen as we reach over or under or try to avoid the microwave door. I like both of us feeling comfortable asking the other to get up and get something, because the cat’s sitting on us. I like slipping into bed at night and having you reach over and pat my butt or rub my feet with yours.

I guess when you add all these likes together it adds up to love. And I do love you.

Maybe in the years to come we’ll plan some big do… or take a trip or something. But right now I’m pretty content with what we’re doing day in and day out.

Our second celebration this weekend was Nick’s dad’s 99th birthday. The family has gotten together for lunch every Sunday since long before I joined the family. All the brothers and sisters come and often the grandchildren and great-grandchildren that still live here. But we haven’t all been getting together for as few months now. For the time being we take turns and go up one family at a time. 



But we all went up this Sunday, twenty in all. We picnicked in his yard, on the shady side and  kept a reasonable distance from one another. I really enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone again. Ninety-nine and still going strong. He lives alone, although there are people there most of the time. Two ladies alternate during the days and then the kids take turns bringing his dinner and staying to help him into bed at night. I think he really enjoyed seeing all the family too. What else would you want on your 99th birthday?

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Nick's dad. Wow, 99 years!!

    I loved your anniversary letter to Nick. So sweet. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and Nick PK! What an absolutely lovely letter:)

    Happy birthday and congrats to Nick's Dad, wow, that is an awesome milestone! Glad you were able to enjoy time together with family and celebrate, allbeit with distancing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz! It was fun seeing the family.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful ways to celebrate two special occasions. You don't have to "do" anything to celebrate...just honor the moment...and you did that beautifully with your letter. ♥ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. We just enjoy being together.

      Delete
  4. Lovely letter. Happy Anniversary and a very Happy birthday to Nick's dad. Wow 99 years.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my FIL's brothers lived to 101. The family has good genes!

      Delete
  5. That was the sweetest letter. Happy anniversary to you both!

    And wow wee... 99! Happy birthday to the grand ol' man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I can't imagine living that long.

      Delete
  6. Happy 37 years! Beautiful handwritten gift from your heart. That’s the best to give!
    99 years. What a wonderful blessing. I’m sure it’s great sitting and hearing the stories he has to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has definitely seen some things in his life time. One of the few WWII veterans left.

      Delete