I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Nerves, excitement and frustration

I wanted to begin by complaining about the cold, but since so many of my blogging friends live in much colder climates, I really can’t. That said, it’s still cold!
I’m excited about this coming Saturday. I’ve been invited to our local book store to do a book signing! 


 I’m about equal parts nervous and excited. I realize that I might be alone all morning chatting with the books store owner, rather than avid readers. But I don’t care, I was happy to be asked and I’m anxious to see how it goes.
We spent part of this last weekend painting and shopping for new gas logs. There is still nothing moving forward on the redecorating. They did this – then everything stalled. What do you think of the look? Should I just learn to love it? 


The bookshelves are supposed to be in the process of being built and ready to go in this week or next. Then other things can happen, eventually.
Another thing caught my interest this weekend. Mollie and her friend decided to go to their old alma mater’s game. Okay, fine, but the weather was lousy! Torrential downpours, thunder and lightning, a dark curvy road to get there, extreme cold. You can picture it – the kind of night every mother want her daughter driving in. I met them as they came through town to grab the dog – Nick and I got to babysit, and to give her some rain pants and warm gloves.
She text shortly after they got there to tell me not to worry about her driving home in the rain – it was snowing. Yep, I felt much better. Anyway, she and her former roommate made it back in one piece, frozen but alive. Saturday it was pretty and clear and they went back to the mountains hiking.
Then on Sunday, out of the blue she pipes up, “I know you thought I went hiking yesterday with old roommate, but I didn’t. I went with a guy.”
I managed an, “Oh…”
“Yeah,” she went on, “he was at the game too.”
We were in the car so I didn’t even look over as I said, “Well, at least that’s a reason to have gone out in the storm.” I did catch an eye-roll. 
And then I said one of the most difficult things I’ve ever said in my life. I told her, “I’d love to hear more about it whenever you want to tell me. But I won’t ask any questions.” 
“Good,” she answered and that was the last word on the subject.


Arrrgggg…

For new readers my daughter isn’t some fifteen-year-old going on her first date. She’s a lovely twenty-seven-year-old going on her first date. Well maybe her second. I wanted to pin her down until I got every last detail. But I didn’t. I deserve a good mother metal!

16 comments:

  1. Hi PK, the book signing is fantastic news! So happy for you, how exciting! Wishing you the very best and looking forward to hearing how it went.

    Argh on the rennos. They can be so stressful and stalling often happens. I like the look. Is that actually your living room? I noticed the cat in the pic lol.

    Way to go Mollie! Good on you for how you handled the news. I bet you were biting at the bit to ask questions! LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my beautiful living room - and my beautiful cat too.

      Yes! I still want to ask a ton on questions. Oh, well.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, congratulations on the book signing, it will be great! Also fingers crossed for Mollie,
    Love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the book signing will be fun. I hope some people show up.

      Delete
  3. PK,
    Please have someone take some pictures of you this weekend. It's a big event. Not to worry, though. Cassie will be sitting on your shoulder!
    Love the fireplace look. So cozy and inviting. Ha! I am sure Mollie is enjoying your angst. Too bad the dog can't fill you in. He probably knows more than you.

    Love and Hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I do expect Cassie to show up!

      I do wish Mollie could give me some info. That would get her a bone!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:02 AM

    PK,
    Excellent on the Mollie situation, I know it is so hard to clamp your mouth shut.
    Now comeSaturday, just imagine all of us right there with you. I mean really with you. Let us know how it all goes.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not asking questions was very hard!

      Sounds like a plan, I'll picture you all in various corners of the store.

      Delete
  5. PK,
    Laughing. You are a great mom, for sure! I know how badly you must have wanted those details, but she'll share more later and more often if you do as you wisely did this time and zipped your lips! LOL I'm glad your family made it home safely and that you got to pet sit the grand doggy. Hope your home remodeling comes together quicker than expected. That's hard to stare at and live in sometimes.

    Busy next few days here, as you know, with my parents coming for a visit. Talk on the other side of that. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have like a few more details. Perhaps sometime, if I don't push. I just hope the living room is done SOMETIME!

      Delete
  6. Oh Ms. PK,

    WOW! first, the driving....while mine is still 5 months away from the endeavor, I am scared to death. Just the idea....rain, snow....breathe. Just like you know, it will all work out.

    Now, first dates and mom of the year awards....way to go! Your curious mind must be dreaming up all sorts of stories....I hope you will hear the real one soon. You give me hope that I will survive this too when it comes time for me to experience it (not too soon though, I am not ready!).

    Hugs,
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll soon find that the most wonder sound in the world is hearing your child pull in when they've been out driving alone.

      Mollie is lovely, but she has never dated. I don't know why, except she is fairly shy in certain situation.

      Delete
  7. you definitely deserve a medal :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping my mouth shut was the hardest thing I've ever done!

      Delete
  8. PK, congratulations on the book signing. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Do you think your little old lady will stop by?

    You did well not to ask Mollie about the guy.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't seem by little old lady, but it was such fun. More about that tomorrow. Not asking was hard!

      Delete