I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

About the book signing…

I had a ball! I’m very taken with this book store. Our little town is working hard to revitalize itself and I think they are doing a great job. The man in charge of events designed to bring more people in is a lifelong friend of LJ’s. I mean really life long, they met when LJ was six months old. On a side note, at this man’s wedding LJ was a groomsman and the grooms younger brother was best man. His friend told the groomsmen that he had lined them up according to how long he had known them. LJ turned to the younger brother and said, “I think you’re in my spot.”

But this young man has done a great job with the town and I was surprised and delighted at the amount of business the book store was doing Saturday morning. With a little help from Mollie, here I am!



I was happily setting up my book display when the owner began marveling at my covers. She was very impressed and I give all the credit to Patty at Blushing Books. Many books in our genre seems to have variations of the same cover. Mine are different and I love them. The owner said they were the best covers for any of the local authors who had come for book signings. 

I chatted with everyone who came in and I was thoroughly enjoying myself when one woman came in and took a double take when she saw my name. She was a complete stranger to me. She rushed over and said, “I was talking to a friend last night and she was talking about you! She said she loved your books. How amazing to find you here this morning.”

I was dumbfounded and ask who her friend was, assuming it was someone I knew or had worked with. But I’d never heard of the woman and she lives nowhere near here. Do you think it was legit, or did she have me mixed up with someone else? Doesn’t matter, I was as happy as could be!

Meredith had told me to picture all my friends out here coming by. That wasn’t hard when Meredith herself walked in – okay, it wasn’t actually her, but it could have been her twin. We talked for a while, everyone was so friendly. 

Near the end of my time the owner came over to talk. She was so sweet. She told me my sales were the best of any local writer they had had – don’t get too excited, I didn’t sell a ton, but she told me many who had come hadn’t sold any. She also told me I was great at talking to the people who came in. LOL, Nick could have told her I could talk! I do like to talk and given the chance to talk about Cassie and the gang and my love of writing… well it’s a wonder I had a voice left.

But the owner told me of one writer who had come for a signing and had never looked up from his phone. And another very young writer who had been typing on her laptop the whole time. Did they expect someone to interrupted them to give them the privilege of discussing their work. Seriously?

My favorite shopper of the day was Mollie. I didn’t know if she was coming. Her feelings for my writing topic is definitely mixed at best. But she wandered the store and listened to me talking with people and signing a few books for folks. As she got ready to leave she came and gave me a big hug, whispering in my ear, “I’m so proud of you!”

I guess in my writing career it was the best day ever. 


21 comments:

  1. Hi PK, wow, I am so thrilled for you. What a fantastic experience! So happy for you:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. Mollie is the best daughter ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just an excellent start to many more signings, I hope. Wish I could have been there, PK. Good on Mollie! And I am proud of you too!

    Love and Hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do more. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:00 PM

    This is a comment for your other site but it won't take Anonymous comments, so I hope to get an answer here.

    Okay I've read the box set and I'm confused now. Is the new Prolog longer than the one in the box set? Do the single books contain epilogues that are not in the box set? If so are they worth to buy them all again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the answer to your questions, but I contacted Ashe Barker and if she gets back to me I'll answer this in comments.

      Delete
    2. I think I fixed my other site to accept anonymous comments now.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous3:29 AM

      Thanks for both replies. BTW I also like your covers. =)

      Delete
  5. Blogger won't let Rosie Dee comment, so here is what she had to say -
    Oh, PK,

    Your picture looks great! So cute that you did it that way.

    The covers for the books are beautiful. You should be very proud of them. I’m glad that you enjoy meeting and talking with people. Cassie deserves an enthusiastic spokesperson like you. The bookstore owner must have loved having you there. I only wish all of your regular readers were close enough to stop in and support you. We’ll have to settle for reading your next books...

    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture too! Mollie managed that, of course! I hope everyone that got the book didn't get home and say - what the hell is this! I hope they just love her.

      Delete
  6. sounds like a wonderful day! I am glad you and Cassie and Friends were celebrated. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps. It was such fun!

      Delete
  7. Deena6:52 PM

    Super excited to hear this went so well! I bet you have just a bit of Cassie in you - you are adventurous!

    FYI, last night I finished book 8! On to book 9! I cannot tell you how much fun they've been to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've always wanted to be Cassie, LOL! So now you know Lily! Don't you love her. I never knew she was in my head, she just walked in and took over. I think she's great.

      Delete
    2. Deena8:12 AM

      Oh my goodness, Lily is a hoot! She will definitely give Cassie a run for her money!

      Delete
  8. Hi, PK! It is so wonderful that you had such a great day with Mollie there to cheer you on and congratulate you. I bet you were a blast to talk to when people stopped by. Your table and books look terrific. You don't look so bad yourself. HA! Happy for you! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me a chance to talk about my kids or my books and you might as well sit down - I'll talk forever and it was just great!

      Delete
  9. This is wonderful, good for you! May this be the beginning of many book signings for you. I just love the way you don’t shy away from an opportunity like this to showcase your work. Your set up looks great and you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurel! When I think back to when I began blogging and how scared I was that someone in my real life would find out what it was about... Such a change now and so very freeing!

      Delete