I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, January 23, 2023

This is what I wanted, but...

Those of you who have read here for years know that I began this blog way back in 2006. At that time Mollie was thirteen. 

My beautiful daughter is now thirty. She is happy, employed, has her own house, two beautiful goldens and a cat. What’s she’s never had is a boyfriend. Mollie’s never dated. Until now.


She called me the other night as she drove home from a neighboring town. The conversation began, “Just went and got some supper. I was on a date, but that’s neither here nor there. I was just wondering if Daddy was coming by in the morning to help me mount my new ring camera.”


And now you know everything that I do about Mollie’s date.


Yes, yes I know she’s grown and intitled to her privacy, but really – couldn’t I at least get a name, age, general appearance, hell, is it a man or a woman? I really wouldn’t care, but I do feel it’s a man. 


She so obviously didn’t want to talk about it that I asked no questions (to her) but Nick got to hear several. Now my thoughts are moving from I really wish she would date some to: Who is this guy? What does he do for a living? Where did she meet him? Is he good enough for her? 



     What are his intentions? Why was she driving home from town, didn’t he pick her up? How does he feel about dogs? Is this getting serious? How does he feel about kids? What’s wrong with him that she wants us to know nothing about him? What’s wrong with us that she doesn’t want to introduce him to us? Was this a one-time thing or have they been seeing one another for a while.


Hang on just a minute and I’ll come up with a dozen or so more questions. I’m being ridiculous, I know that. But when you know nothing, your mind speculates.


I'm sure I'll learn more eventually. And I'll probably let you know.

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK, well that is exciting news and I bet you have a tonne of questions lol. I guess you just have to be patient, you will slowly learn more about Mollie's mystery date :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I'm not wanting to give advice - I just want to know a few things.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, i think she did tell you everything there is to tell, it's neither here nor there. Nothing to write home about. Definitely not the one to show to your parents. I don't know what is your or her upbringing, please don't get me wrong, but what I heard (wink wink), they don't like to introduce to their parents anyone they are not serious about or at least date for real. At this point, it is what it is, nothing to say. Probably, she also doesn't want to get your hopes high, but also letting you know that she is out there, trying. Which is good. It's hard not to probe and nudge. Sometimes gentle probing and nudging works...
    Auntie Sore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have put an interesting spin on this. It's just that at 30 this is only the second time in her life that she has even mentioned being on a date. So I do wonder. But I will quietly wait.

      Delete
  3. You'll just have to wait. Mollie wil tell you when she feels it's the right time or the right one.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I'm trying to be patient. I'm just very curious.

      Delete