I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, December 30, 2022

Great holiday and an update

Sorry I haven’t been here in a while. We had a great Christmas. We had four lovely family gatherings with various families. Mollie, Nick and I Skype with LJ and Collin on Christmas day and Santa was very good to us all. 

I hope the holidays have been good to all of you so far. We’re not big celebrators when it comes to New Years. Nick suggested we go the same place we went last year because he really enjoyed it. Evidently, we’re hitting the living room again! But I’m perfectly fine with that.


A little medical update. I’m very pleased with the Ozempic! My blood sugar has really come down and I’ve lost thirteen pounds since Nov. 1st. I believe it would have been even more than that if there hadn’t been sooooo many extra treats around. The medication keeps me feeling full so there has been a lot less snacking than I normally would



have been doing. I’m still losing, but it’s slowed down. That could be all the Christmas temptations, but I’m planning on really hitting it soon. I’d been going to the gym about four days a week, but not this last week or so. The horrible cold weather slowed me down. Even here in the south it got down to six degrees – trust me, we aren’t used to that!


And now about the CPAP. I finally got mine and I’ve started using in. We are not friends. At least not yet. It blows too hard! I have to go through an act of congress to get them to turn it down. And the thing tells on me if I don’t use it long enough each night. It’s hooked up to the internet and you have to wear it at least four hours a night to be ‘in compliance’ with the insurance company who mostly paying for the thing. 


I’ve used it since the nineteenth and I guess it’s getting better, but like I said we’re not friends. It blows so hard that there is air leaking out all around the tubing. I can’t curl up against Nick or I’d blow him out of the bed. Well, I guess it’s not that bad, but it would be like turning a fan on him. I might like that in the summertime, but Nick doesn’t sleep with a fan. I go to the sleep doc on the 4th of January and we're gonna be turning it down!


People tell me I have to use the CPAP for a month before I’ll really begin seeing the benefits. I’ll working with it and see what happens. But I’m feeling pretty darn good these days so while I’m fussing a little, I definitely feel things are going in the right direction.


12 comments:

  1. I prefer the nose pillows. There's less gear to get in the way. But it definitely takes time to find the right combination of things that work best. Keep working until you get what works best for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the pillow too, it's comfortable enough if there wasn't so much air leaking around the whole thing. But I'm going to keep trying.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, so glad you had a lovely Christmas and were able to Skype with the boys, sounds like some wonderful family time.

    The news on the Ozempic is awesome! I guess the CPAP will take some time, it's good you are seeing the sleep doc soon.

    My holiday hasn't got off to the best start, I stupidly crunchrd the car the other day and we have a current covid scare after a small neighbourhood gathering the Friday before Christmas and the host developing symptoms Christmas day. Touch wood we hopefully dodged that bullet!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Roz, I'm so sorry about the car. I'm guessing/hoping no one was hurt. I know the covid thing has you worried. I hope it's all just a false alarm for all of you. Let me know.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you had a lovely Christmas and the weight and sugar are being controlled. Hope you make friends with that CPAP soon. It really is good for you, once you have the settings on just right. Happy New Year! I'll be in my room... same place I was last year too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick wanted to celebrate the same place we went to last year, so the living room it is! I'm fine with that. I'll keep wrestling with this CPAP until I get it subdued. Eventually we'll come to an understanding.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:28 AM

    The CPAP sounds annoying. Is there no adjustment on the thing? Do you really need a medical person to do it? And Big Brother watching your usage from the internet sounds scary. I really hope it eventually works out well for you.

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll know more things in detail after I go to the sleep doc next week. But I know I can't adjust the pressure and it tells the insurance company if I'm 'in compliance.' Once it does get turned down I think it and I can come to an understanding. Hopefully.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Hey PK,

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! I see you joined us in our celebration in the living room last night! HAHA.

    I'm glad Santa was good to you and yours and that you got to see the boys and Molly.

    I'm sorry the CPAP is hard to deal with. Hopefully that will sort itself out at the doctors.

    Nice job on the sugars and weight, that is a happy way to end 2022.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the living room! Yes our holiday was very nice and now I'm happy to get back to 'normal.'

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year.

    Good news on the sugars and weight, fantastic. Should there be air leaking out of the machine, Hope the doctors can do something.

    LOve,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I'm sleeping better with it, but I will be happy when they turn it down.

      Delete