I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

One of my happy places

 

Awww… I needed that! I had a great few days in the mountains. I just love that little Inn, and I’m afraid it won’t be there much longer. It’s run by two sisters and the husband of one of them. Maintaining the garden’s alone would be a huge chore and then, of course, taking care of their guest and the rooms. The sister I spoke with sounded doubtful that they would be able to keep it opened much longer. I understand, they aren’t much younger than me, but I will miss this place when it’s gone.

Here are a few pictures:

 

I sat here and wrote for several hours.

 

I met other people out here and had a little wine.


And here are just some of their beautiful flowers.


 







All the guest I met were nice and friendly and I enjoyed talking with them. I’d tell them I was up there writing and that usually piqued their interest. Of course, most asked what I wrote. I gave them my usual spiel, “I mostly write romance, but I was tired of reading about twenty-year-olds and my main couple is above sixty.” I’d go on to say, “It basically a sweet little old couple mixed with Fifty Shades of Gray.”

I loved watching their reactions! Most of the women’s eyes sparkled as they laughed. “Well, that sounds interesting!” They’d tell me. And would give them one of my business cards. Once in a great while I’d get a frozen stare and a frosty, “Oh.” I didn’t bother wasting my cards on them. But I’m happy to say that most of the people I talked with seemed very receptive.

I was able to get a lot written. The end of the book is in sight – I’m not there yet, but it’s coming.

4 comments:

  1. Hi PK, wow, what a beautiful place! No wonder you love it there. It will be such a shame if it closes.

    Glad you had such a lovely break and got lots of writing done :) love some of the reactions you got from other guests.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly beautiful and peaceful! I did get a kick out of talking with other guest. Writing is a great conversation starter.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:35 AM

    PK, so happy you had a wonderful time. It's looks like a beautiful place. I hope that they can sell it to someone who will look after the place and keep its charm.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful. I asked if they didn't have some kids that wanted to take over, but she said they had discouraged that. I'm guessing it's massively time consuming and hard work to boot.

      Delete