I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, August 10, 2020

It's done!

This was just another quiet weekend. We had some friends over for an outdoor and socially distant dinner. And just sat and talked for a long time. I wanted them to see the last of our renovations. I wanted hardwood in my writing room to match the living room. That floor had been parquet, but it was showing some wear and tear and I was ready for it to go.

We had our nice quiet dinner and we’d talked for a while before I had them come in and see the floor. Immediately our friend said, “You covered my work!” It was only then I remembered. This friend had been the one to help Nick put down the parquet nearly twenty years ago!  We had a good laugh. I’d remember him saying, as he got up from his knees, when the old floor had been finished, “I think this is my last job doing something like this.” And it was! Their knees sure wouldn’t let them do it now. But he did say he thought the new floor looked pretty good.

The house isn’t completely finished, but the ‘public’ area is. Nick says we’ll work on our bedroom and bath once he retires. It will be nice to have that done too. Here’s a look at my old and new floor.

Here's before




And after







14 comments:

  1. Wow PK, it looks awesome, beautiful! That's funny about your friend. Glad he seems to approve :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I'm glad he liked it too.

      Delete
  2. absolutely LOVE the new floor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! To me they look so new and fresh.

      Delete
  3. Looks gorgeous! I love wood floors! I bet you and your friends had a good... oops laugh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told him his floor was still there, just under the new one.

      Delete
  4. That is so lovely PK!! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, looks even better in person. Come see.

      Delete
  6. PK -Looks gorgeous.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. I really like it.

      Delete
  7. Oh so cozy and comfy! You have a great eye! For some reason I recall reading that you weren't good at this sort of thing (?) If I am remembering correctly then you were wrong ;) Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always felt my decorating skills stopped after I turned all the chairs to face the TV. But working together, Nick and I have done okay.

      Delete