I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Blogging blockers

I’ve enjoyed blogging since I first discovered what blogs were. But being away from home for a while always throws me off my blogging endeavors. We had a good trip to the beach last week, but now that I’m back home, things happen to keep me away from the computer.

There was Mother’s Day, of course. That was fun. The boys sent me some lovely flowers. 


Mollie gave me a portable charger that I’d been wanting and together they gave us tickets to see my very favorite comedian Jennie Robertson. People if you haven’t seen this woman go to you-tube now and watch a few clips. You’ll be a fan for sure.

Then there was unpacking to do, which I hate.



The house is going to have to be cleaned and I see no cleaning fairies on the way.



A friend and I are going to lunch.



I’m retired so the better part of my week is visiting various doctor’s offices. There is nothing wrong with me, thank goodness, but evidently the doctors are in desperate need of my insurance co-pay. Yearly physical and mammogram await me this week. Eye doctor and dentist loom soon.



The pool needs to be opened.



Flowers need planting.



There are books to be read.



There are books to be written.



All these things may be what people sometime call, ‘real life.’ I’m not sure I approve. I’ll look into it, but I imagine I’ll be back to blogging before it can really take hold.

18 comments:

  1. Welcome home, PK! I vote you get back to blogging as soon as you take care of all the unfun and some fun business above! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few things are done. And I'll hit a few more tomorrow. The computer is never too far away.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you post Pk, I love this, and I'm with Windy! Glad you had a good trip. Wishing you a belated Happy Mother's day. What a lovely and thoughtful gift the tickets were.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really tickled with those tickets! This woman is wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a nice trip to the beach. Real life does have a habit of being a bit annoying when you want some 'you' time doesn't it?
    All will get donein due time, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will. But I'm afraid that in order to really work on the current book I'm going to have to turn the internet off.

      Delete
  4. Any trip to the beach is worth the mess and laundry, PK. Loved the cartoon about the mammogram. I just went for mine yesterday, so the pic gave me a chuckle.

    I am almost done with my Cassie books again. Like a visit with a good friend.

    Yes, I have more planting to do, but the bad knee is not liking a gardening position at all.

    I am also struggling with time to write. Retirement is a full time job.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retirement is the best! But it's more full than I had imagined. I guess your knee isn't going to be thrilled with gardening this year.

      I've enjoyed reading the book in paperback - it seemed different.

      Delete
  5. Jealous of the beach, since up here we are still in winter coats! Brr!

    Glad yoh are back!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LJ's told me it's been very cold and rainy in NYC. Our beach weather could not have been more perfect.

      Delete
  6. PK, welcome home. Happy you had a good trip. I need a beach trip.

    Must get some planting done myself.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could sure recommend some beaches you'd like on this side of the pond! Hope you'll try them out someday.

      Delete
  7. Great post! I’m doing all my yearly appointments now too. I don’t like it one bit. I’m glad you had a nice trip. How was the ‘90 minutes thing’? I’m really happy to hear that you’re going to be writing more!
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I love getting started on writing as much as I love writing itself. More to come.

      Delete
  8. Hi there. New/returning blogger. Used to follow your posts on my old blog, so wanted to catch up. Real life certainly happens but I love that you're still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're back - I'm coming up on thirteen years now. Send me your link!

      Delete
  9. I like to see you blog even when you don't have anything to blog about. I just like seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie, Thank you so much. I like being here and it make me feel good to hear from you.

      Delete