Wednesday, December 09, 2015

I've got gas, well a little

What’s everyone doing these days? Any spanking going on our there? There was one started here the other day, but it was cut short by a phone call. I might have mentioned that I’m a little on the spoiled side. Nick takes care of lots of ‘stuff’ around here. But he’s asked me to do something that, to be honest, I didn’t pay much attention. He doesn’t want me to let the car get below an eighth of a tank of gas. I do remember him mentioning it, but then never thought about it again.



It’s not that he worries about me running out – but he has pointed out that with the age of his parents and with Mollie living out of town there is always the chance we’ll need to make a hurried trip some time, especially to his parents and he said he doesn’t want to worry about stopping for gas.

Makes sense, but I never seem to think of the gas until the light comes on. In fact we got the car a few years ago in April and I didn’t put gas in the car myself until August of that year when I took a trip alone. Nick swears I plan it so that the car only needs gas on the weekends. I see no problem with that myself but apparently now it’s a spankable offense.

Maybe now that I’ve blogged about it, it will stick in my mind. See how you all help me?

Written by PK at 6:00 PM

21 comments

21 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Cat said...

LOL PK...when I got my license, my dad had a rule if I wanted to borrow my mom's car...had to bring it back with as much gas as when it left or 1/2 tank...whichever was more. Amazingly, my mom's tank was always under 1/2. *sigh* Dad said the car ran just as well on the top 1/2 as the bottom and my ex had the same attitude...if he caught my tank under 1/2, it was a spankable offense. I am now in the habit of filling up when my tank hits 1/2 full. Good luck in remembering. BTW...hope you are feeling better...continuing to send prayers and healing energy.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Roz said...

LoL PK, I admit, that wasn't the type of gas I immediately thought of when I read the title lol. Good luck remembering...or not?:)

Hugs
Roz

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger an English Rose said...

Oh come on PK, if this is a spankable offence you are never going to fill it up are you? lol. I wouldn't either, sigh...
love Jan,xx

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger lindy thomas said...

LOL! PK, Bear won't let his get below 1/2 tank but I don't fill it so I'm safe.
Hope you remember to fill in future. Like Roz I thought you meant different gas also.
Hugs Lindy

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger ronnie said...

PK, LOL. Same as Roz, it wasn't the gas I thought you meant. I wonder if you'll remember.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Minelle Labraun said...

Blogger are my comment!
I am the same way with gas! I hate filling my tank. Frankly, I never think about it. When I do think about it I procrastinate! My Scotsman is often infuriated by this habit!
Please let us know what the doc says about you!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ella said...

I was of the same mind as Roz and Ronnie. I thought, 'Oh, no' now PK has leg cramps, fatigue, a cold, and a gas problem!" Poor woman!

Jan is right, though. Just think of the consequences for running out of gas and having to call Nick for help. I can see the grin on your face!

Ella Grinning Back

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Terpsichore said...

so glad to be of help :-) though are we hoping you remember or that you forget??? Hugs

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Leigh Smith said...

Ray always told me not to let the car get below 1/4 of a tank when we lived in cold climes. Now, it doesn't matter.
Unfortunately, in my house, there are no spankable offenses, at least none on a regular basis.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger DelFonte said...

I did a double take on gas too. It means something different over here. I have say, you'd be in big trouble if you forgot!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger PK said...

I just forget to look, I don't drive far each day so a tank last a long time. I guess I need to start looking.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger PK said...

Yeah, which way to go?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger PK said...

If I run out he might not come get me!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger PK said...

Well there's gas and there's gas. Obviously, Nick doesn't think I have enough of one of them.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger PK said...

I wonder too.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger PK said...

Usually either Mollie or Nick is in the car when I need gas and they pump for me.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger PK said...

I'm glad that is not one of my medical problems! As for the other - I guess it can be a problem or not.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger PK said...

I'll have to work on that.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger PK said...

Bless Nick's heart, I doubt he really cares that much, but he know I like stuff like that.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger PK said...

I'll remember it, just don't know if I'll get it or not.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Maggie Jordan said...

Lol PK! This title made me stop and pause...then giggle a bit! The gas tank is not a spankable offense for me. It probably should be though. I always seem to be down to the red line. And many a time have I called TBG in a panic thinking I would t make it to a gas station with the amount of gas left in the car!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photobucket
This Site Best Viewed in Firefox