I read Ella’s never have I ever and I thought it would give it a try. She came up with some very interesting situations here.
1. Said something very rude to a doctor during childbirth?
Not me. According to Nick and my SIL who was present at both births all I said was, “ice”, “cloth” when I needed a cool cloth for my face and “fan” when I wanted them to fan me. That was only for LJ’s birth – they had a fan in the room for Mollie’s birth. I’m very quite when I’m in pain.
2. Seen someone pop their eyeball out?
Haven’t see this in a person, but I worked for a vet for ten years so I’ve seen it in dogs lots of time. Seen it and helped put them back too – often in Pekingese
3. Had your stomach pumped?
No and I don’t ever plan on it.
4. Been to a drag show with a very large gay man?
No, but I’m sure my son would take me if I decide I want to go to one.
5. Eaten a worm?
Not that I know of.
6. Run a nifty, little money-making business when you were 11-12 years old buying girlie magazines for the boys in the neighborhood?
No, that was not my money making venture.
7. Crawled through an underground storm sewer for 5 blocks?
Not even for five inches.
8. Lied about your weight?
Of course not, why would you lie when you weigh 130 pounds?
9. Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were inebriated?
No, not one of my problems.
10. Seen a movie star in an airport?
No, I try to avoid airports if possible. I did see Art Linkletter once at our little local airport. Anyone remember him?
11. Walked out of a movie?
I don’t think so, but I’ve slept through several. Mollie got me to take her to the Spice Girl movie years ago – great nap.
12. Sat on a jury?
No, got in the box once, but they didn’t want me thank goodness.
13. Told a child, "Because I said so."
You better believe it, it was one of my favorite lines with my kids because it was so true. If they wanted to ride their bike to town I’d tell them no.
“Because I said so.”
“Seriously, mom, why can’t I?”
“There’s too much traffic and…”
“But I’ll be really careful!”
“See you didn’t want a reason, you wanted me to change my mind. So the real reason is, ‘Because I said so.’”
14. Ran a cash register in a small grocery store when you were 8 years old?
No, but I waited on the counter at my parents gas and appliance store when I was twelve.
15. Wrote a eulogy for a parent?
No but the minister did a really fine job with each of them.
16. Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you?
That would be most song I liked between 1963 and 1975.
17. Roasted chestnuts on an open fire?
18. Eaten 44 shrimp at one sitting?
Little ones, yes.
19. Thrown all phones in a drawer for the entire weekend?
20. Gone on a vacation all by yourself?
Oh yes! I used to take a weekend in the mountains by myself to read each new Harry Potter book as soon as it came out. When there were no more of those, I’d take a weekend each summer to go up to my favorite hotel and write.
This was a lot of fun! Thanks Ella. I hope everyone joins in.