I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, July 22, 2024

Eighteen years and counting

I went to a family memorial for my friend Mary. I was the only non-family member invited. I was honored. We all told stories about Mary. I was the only one who could speak about her teaching. I told of a time we took our class to the mall on a summer field trip. Mary very sternly told the students they were not to leave the area of the food court/ arcade area. They all stayed, but two boys kept standing at one spot staring intently out into the mall. Finally, Mary went to find out what held their interest so. When she asked, one boy pointed and said, “Ma’am, I know you’re gonna think we’re crazy, but I swear I think those stairs are moving!”



These boys had never seen an escalator in real life. Mary not only told them that they were correct she took them out into the mall and let them ride up and down a couple of times.

Another story that showed her real power over the students took place on another field trip. We took six busloads of students from NC to FL. We loaded the buses at nine at night, drove all night long, went directly to EPCOT center, stayed all day and only then got the kids and parent chaperones to the hotel and into their rooms. Mary had hammered and hammered into the kids that once we got them into their rooms for the night, they were not to come out or even open the door for anyone but Mary. She would come by the next morning to release them, but if they didn’t hear her voice then the door was not to be opened.

As we finally got settled down, near midnight there came an insistent pounding on Mary’s door. Grabbing her robe, she opened the door. There stood an irritated mother chaperone in her PJ, holding a canned drink she nearly snarled at Mary, “Will you please come down here and tell my daughter she can let me back in the room!” Mary had the power and the kids knew it.



I’m going to write up my other ‘Mary’ stories and send them to her grandchildren. They know the family stories, but I’m the only one that can tell them all the wonderful stories from her teaching career.

On another note, this is my blogiversary – I’ve been here eighteen years now. And gratefully, I was here during the hey-day of blogging. It was so much fun! So exciting! I met so many wonderful people who became my close friends. Blogging isn’t the same anymore. I miss the old days but I’m so grateful for those of you who still come by and read since I don’t post as much. I do thank you for your readership. I wouldn’t have missed all this for the world.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 AM

    Happy Blogiversary PK! Eighteen years, wow! You have been a cornerstone of blogland over the years encouraging people to start blogging and become suthors. The old days were a hoot for sure weren't they? It was hard to keep up though. I am blessed to count our friendship as one of the amazing friendships I have made here.

    How wonderful thaf you were able to share stories of Mary's career with her family. I love that you are going to send her stories to her grandchildren.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roz. I'm so happy we became friends. It was hard keeping up back then. But boy, it was fun!

      Delete
  2. A very happy blogaversary to you, dear friend. I remember when I first dipped my toes into the blogging world, and yours was one of the first blogs I found, thanks to Bonnie.

    I love your Mary stories. What a great teacher she was!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe it's been 18 years! I'm really glad we found one another.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Belated congratulations on your blogaversary.
    I loved reading your blog. Where has all those years gone.
    Happy to call you my friend.

    Her grandchildren will love hearing her teaching stories.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    Loved your Mary stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie. I'm so glad we became friends. Mollie was just a kid in middle school when I began, and this fall she will be beginning her tenth year teaching. The swift passing of time is hard to comprehend.

      I'm looking forward to writing and sharing Mary's stories.

      Delete