I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, February 03, 2023

This will be a tough job

I have a strong husband who likes to get things done himself. He does not like to depend on others, even me. I haven’t been able to keep him off the roof, but I have been able to get him to agree to only go up there when I’m home. That way I’m here to listen for a thud in case he falls. Still scary but it’s better than him falling when there is no one here to call for help.

 


At work he’s up on extremely high ladders changing ballast in the lights and working on exhaust fans. He has to lift buckets of parts that weigh over fifty pounds. Some of the boxes he packages weigh fifty to sixty pounds. And he handles a wide array of other jobs.

 

A couple of days ago Nick had surgery, for the first time in his life. He had a hernia repaired.  The doctor said it was more extensive than he had thought, but it’s all taken care of now. 



The doctor also said he couldn’t lift anything over fifteen pounds for six weeks. Nick is a smart man and I know he’ll listen to the doctor… for a while. But I worry what he might try to lift around week five or six.


So far at home he won’t let me get him a drink or bring or get his medicine for him. He’s up and out of his chair to get it himself before I can move. He’s always been this way. I’m worried about sending him to work and I have no doubt he be going back next Monday. One good thing is that his boss really likes him, and I know he’ll be watching him too and lift things for him as needed. At least for right now. But again, by week five, will these men stick with this? I may have to go with him that week.

9 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    I don't blame you for being worried, I would be too. Wishing Nick a straightforward and quick recovery.

    As you said, he's a smart man, hopefully smart enough to listen to the doctor. Yes, he probably will go straight back to work, given that he went to work with covid. It good he has such a wonderful boss who will keep an eye on him and hopefully stop him from overdoing things.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time Nick actually took a sick day was 47 years ago - before he and I met. I think he'll live to 100 like his dad did. As long as he listens to his doctors.

      Delete
  2. sending healing thoughts and hoping he follows the doctor's advice. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps. I'm trying to take good care of him, when he lets me.

      Delete
  3. Full and speedy recovery to Nick! I think the first weeks are the most important. If he will keep it low for four weeks, you're lucky. Some men are much more stubborn than that. How about going straight back to boxing after having a hand stitched and told not to exercise? Thankfully the only consequence was a slightly wider scar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going back to boxing right after stitches isn't the wisest choice - but men are men. I think Nick will surely take it easy for a while.

      Delete
  4. I hope he can stick to the doctor's orders. Hernias aren't something to fool around with. I've watched enough vet programs to know what's inside a hernia! He really doesn't want it to recur.

    Good luck!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I know he does too. I just hope he'll remember it in the moment.

      Delete
  5. I agree with others, I hope he follows doctors orders. Send love to you both.

    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete